Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Rinehart slip ons on their Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 PM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Anyone with Rinehart slip ons on their Heritage?

I know that exhaust choice is different for everyone. I had a set of Rineharts and V&H true duals on my Street glide. I loved them. I just got rid of the Street Glide and am into a new 2017 Heritage. I love it! I've done a few things to it, but definately want to do something with the exhaust in the spring. I'm not looking to get top performance out of this bike. I'm 71 years old and this thing will go as fast as I need it to. What I'm looking for is a deep rumble that is not obnoxious. LOUD isn't necessary. Just enough to hide the racket the engine makes and sound good. Do any of you have a set of Rineharts on the stock header? If so, can you describe the sound the best you can. I'm just gathering what info I can. It's kind of late in the year to go out to a gathering of bikes and listen to a few. Thank you in advance.

Smurfsdad

Old 11-10-2016, 06:19 PM
rbeamj
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

when I looked for slip-on exhaust I could not find rineharts even on their site. I went with V&H on mine but they were too loud for me.

My loval cal dealership had a softail with the rineharts on it (made by bub) and they were louder still but the tone was deeper

many people will say the rush or thindercity baffles will get you what you want. But in my OPINION the rinehart full 2-1 exhaust was the best tone for me. Nice and deep wait not too loud.

The following users liked this post:
smurfsdad (11-11-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 07:05 PM
jskicet
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rineharts

Put a pair in my Breakout. Sounds good not too loud. Of course not as deep as the 4" on the Streetglide but never the less sounds good.

The following users liked this post:
smurfsdad (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 01:53 PM
donutsrd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check out american custom exhaust pretty sure youll like them

Old 11-11-2016, 09:20 PM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by donutsrd
check out american custom exhaust pretty sure youll like them
Donutsrd, I hadn't heard of American Custom Exhaust until you mentioned it. First off, I am completely happy with the look of the Heritage stock exhaust. Since reading your reply I have checked out their site and read many reviews. This might be just what I'm looking for. The icing on the cake is the price. Thanks for the suggestion. You don't happen to have a product of theirs do you?