Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turnsignal blues !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turnsignal blues !!!!!!

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

right on Kiddoc, even tho this is a different post than the on you started on. Just gotta say moving the gas tank back 2-3 inches isnt that hard to get to the 6 pin connector.

1. remove seat
2. pull the fuel fuse (15)
3. purge the fuel pressure...by trying to start the bike with the starter
4. unbolt the gas tank
5. un-do the quick disconnect fuel/tank line (might be a bit of fuel spill from the line) just have a towel or two ready..nothing major tho
6. slide the gas tank back a few inches (might have to losen the top console first tho

thats it, and u can get at that 6 point connector for the T/S

wonder if the oringal poster figured out whats wrong with their t/s lamps..

Damn man. This is exactly my problem at the moment dude. I'm having a rough time with the bike, I'm changing out the bars and have to do it myself with a bud. No Harley dealers here.

I did exactly what you just said to get to all the wires, undid the six wires on the right side of the bike, pretty easy. (Wild 1 told me.) Undid the 8 wires on the left side. Not too bad. Then on the right side there is a damn connector with 2 purple going in and 2 black, these connect to a 6 pin under the damn tank.

My question is...... how the hell do you get the pins out of that connector, as they are connected to both wire sets that go to both sides of the bars. Without disconnecting the wires I can't change the bars obviously.

Man I hate the bike at the moment, I'm so **** at this. Already dinged the tank, smacked some chrome up, dropped a spanner on the battery and nearly blew the bike up. Man, the spark that came off that battery was unreal. Then my bud told me it might be a good idea to disconnect the (-) battery wire. [] Don't have the "Service Manual", only the "owner's" one. The Harley dealership tells me they can get it in English but only in 2 weeks, then they have to send it from another island on to me. Probably Gonna get it flown in from the U.K.

Wild 1 is shut yesterday, knowing my luck today too. There is a huge Public holiday tomorrow in the Canaries and there's a big rally organized. **** me orf. Wild 1 is like 9 hours behind. So can't talk to John until this evening. Maybe i just cut the suckers. [:@]

Gonna be up all damn night probably. Man, i love my bike; but at the moment it's driving me nuts.

Oh, and btw, ......not a good idea to fill up the tank the same day that you intend to remove it.

I get my WO 550's on by tomorrow if I have to stay up all freakin' damn night. :-(

Link .....

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...1/DSC02600.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...1/DSC02596.jpg

Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The T/S relocation kit came with un-seated wires, and a un-used 6 pin connector device, so when I ran the wires back and got it the way I wanted to route em to the 6 pin connector, I pulled the old connector out and pushed the un-seated wires in the un-used 6 pin connector and plugged it in.

Now with new bars, unless you relocated ur T/S u will have to pull em through the bars.. then down to the connector. Should be the same thing as mine, wouldn't think ud pull the T/S wires through the new bars with the connector on em... hehehe

Yeah you don't need to remove the tank... just push it back a few inches, the 6 pin connector is on the right side on my fatboy. About 3 inches back from the neck.

Heheh full tank.. I had when I put the HD garage door opener on.. what a bitch lol, but then I just used a roll of duct tape to prop it up to run the line under the tank.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

To remove them wires from the connector.. heh you need to use a pic tool.. or two pins.. what hell.. I dunno if I can dig up a diagram to show ya.. ill look tho

Hell cut the old one, snip em 4-5 inches up from the connector and splice the new t/s wires into em, solder em up too and wrap em, shrink em after.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 AM
Demkay
Road Master

damn, ok, those T/S are gonna freakin' die.

Just realised i don't want the stupid things on the bars. They're gonna look stooopid on the beach bars.

Thanks dude. Listen, you know of another place I can put the turn signals without the relocation kit from the passing lights. Don't want the passing lights.

Wild 1 told me to relocate them to the bottom screw of the nacelle on the side. But I have the wind deflectors there. [:@] Maybe I just buy a bracket or something.

This is gonna be a pita. If I ding one more freakin' thing on my bike I'm gonna go spastic.

Edit.//....

To remove them wires from the connector.. heh you need to use a pic tool.. or two pins.. what hell.. I dunno if I can dig up a diagram to show ya.. ill look tho

Hell cut the old one, snip em 4-5 inches up from the connector and splice the new t/s wires into em, solder em up too and wrap em, shrink em after.

Pic tool ? Ok, think I know what you mean.

Pic axe comes to mind. lol....... ok, I try with a fine safety pin.

Maybe best to cut the damn things, seeing as i gotta relocate.

Thanks man, appreciate the help.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 AM
FXST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: stoneman

When i put on my left turn signal it does not flash. Light comes on and stays on right side works fine. I have changed bulbs and checked all the wiring anyone have any advise??? Thanks

Stoneman
Sounds like the flasher unit itself. My left side indicators flash very quick. Found out it is the unit.Then found out the cost of replacing the left unit so I left it for later on...;-)

Old 05-29-2007, 06:36 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

There are some people who have mounted them to the cowbells of the front forks...
And some people just get the T/S on the mirrors...
Some people do without.. and just use hand singles when a LEO is around, or want to convince a cager that you need to GO in a Certian direction.. usually its the bird then tho

Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh I am putting beach bars on my bike too, least my T/S will have been delt with already..

Luck with your bike, and just step back a bit, and have a good breather and a beer when you get fustrated working on your bike.

Btw it took me 5 days to put the front forks on and the aux lamp kit and t/s relocation.. of course only a few hours a day

So hang in there, be gentle with your bikes paint..

Old 05-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Demkay
Road Master

There are some people who have mounted them to the cowbells of the front forks...
And some people just get the T/S on the mirrors...
Some people do without.. and just use hand singles when a LEO is around, or want to convince a cager that you need to GO in a Certian direction.. usually its the bird then tho

lol, Yeah, but in Europe the leo's are pretty strict. In the States they're cool. But here you'd get stopped if you don't have T signals. Unless the bike came without them, as in a bike from the 80's.

Not sure only mirrored signals would be legal.

And what is a cowbell? on the front forks?

Edit..//.....

Oh I am putting beach bars on my bike too, least my T/S will have been delt with already..

Luck with your bike, and just step back a bit, and have a good breather and a beer when you get fustrated working on your bike.

Btw it took me 5 days to put the front forks on and the aux lamp kit and t/s relocation.. of course only a few hours a day

So hang in there, be gentle with your bikes paint..

Yeah, i find that going in the house and beating the **** outta something helps good. My big couch cushion took it good when i dinged my paint. [:@]

Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Id have to look for them, I seen em mounted to the fork on these HD forums. The cowbell is the top portion of the fork under the nacelle...

Looking see if I can find em

Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

I dunno if I should do this... but first person that seems to have em mounted to the cowbells that I could find is ..see if i can find more

Bannana Boat

and londona

Quick Reply: turnsignal blues !!!!!!