Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions from New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016 | 01:49 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
Good thing it's not a bootleg web-site, isn't it?
The link you provided is bootleg, it's NOT an HD authorized site. Looking at your later post I see you suggested the HD site, good idea. Not throwing rocks at you, refreshing your mind, you know these things.

Originally Posted by ttyndall
Tampa Fatboy,
I took TeaRunners suggestion and went to the Harley website and registered my bike. They have the owners manual plus wiring schematic, however, I saw where it allowed me to print it but could not find a download link to save it to the computer. I don't want to have to logon and read it off Harley's website each time I want to reference it so might just go buy the manual.
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
HD has a pdf download? I see now where he said go to HD and register in a later post, good idea. If HD allows you to save a .pdf file proceed as follows > download > save as > desktop. This way you know where it's at for convenience and can later place it accordingly.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-23-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2016 | 01:55 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
It is bootleg, it's NOT an HD authorized site. How long have you been on the internet, Tearunner? Where do you think those monies end up?
Funny, neither you nor I know what royalty deal he might have worked out with HD. I've been around long enough to know HD would have him shut down by now. They've been operating for a minimum for four years.

At the very least, one phone call from HD to Paypal would have his Paypal account revoked. An unauthorized bootlegger also does not push Copyright terms.

Old 09-23-2016 | 03:17 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
Funny, neither you nor I know what royalty deal he might have worked out with HD. I've been around long enough to know HD would have him shut down by now. They've been operating for a minimum for four years.

At the very least, one phone call from HD to Paypal would have his Paypal account revoked. An unauthorized bootlegger also does not push Copyright terms.
Huh?

Old 09-23-2016 | 04:29 PM
ttyndall
|
Club Member

Tampa Fatboy, they have the user manual and wiring diagram as limks to open on your computer and read. It has a print button where you can print the entire manual.
However there is not a dowload link. If you try and right click to save it to your computer it only saves the link, not the manual.
If I am missing a way that someone sees any help is sppreciated. This is the user manual and not the service manual. At least this would help me learn what everything is. I am going to go look again.

Old 09-23-2016 | 04:59 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Tampa Fatboy, they have the user manual and wiring diagram as limks to open on your computer and read. It has a print button where you can print the entire manual.
However there is not a dowload link. If you try and right click to save it to your computer it only saves the link, not the manual.
If I am missing a way that someone sees any help is sppreciated. This is the user manual and not the service manual. At least this would help me learn what everything is. I am going to go look again.
aha...you're better off with the manual. Hard copy, don't have to worry about getting to the file if the pc crashes. What's the cost today for a manual, 30-50 depending? I see ebay merchants jacked them way up, doesnt surprise me, bunch of leeches looking for a someone to play on.

Old 09-24-2016 | 02:10 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain

That empty 'slot' is where the rectangular alarm module goes.

Sounds like yours has been disconnected, but you he alarm's 'brain' is still doing its thing - just that you have no 'siren' to trigger - unless it's been relocated somewhere else

Old 09-24-2016 | 03:59 AM
Longplay
Tourer

Tampa Fatboy,
I took TeaRunners suggestion and went to the Harley website and registered my bike. They have the owners manual plus wiring schematic, however, I saw where it allowed me to print it but could not find a download link to save it to the computer. I don't want to have to logon and read it off Harley's website each time I want to reference it so might just go buy the manual.
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
If they allow you to print it, you can get it back into a PDF format by installing a PDF file generator. I use PDF995 almost daily. It is free to use, but they ask you to register and pay the 9.95 to keep from having the ads pop up every time. Then when you go to print, look at your list of printers. You will find PDF995 listed as one of your printers. Use that, it will ask you where you want to save the file, give it a location, and hit print. Your file will be saved.

Good luck!! Enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
Tampa Fatboy (09-24-2016)
Old 09-24-2016 | 06:40 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Longplay
If they allow you to print it, you can get it back into a PDF format by installing a PDF file generator. I use PDF995 almost daily. It is free to use, but they ask you to register and pay the 9.95 to keep from having the ads pop up every time. Then when you go to print, look at your list of printers. You will find PDF995 listed as one of your printers. Use that, it will ask you where you want to save the file, give it a location, and hit print. Your file will be saved.

Good luck!! Enjoy.
Learn something everyday in here. Thanks

Old 09-24-2016 | 11:56 AM
Boatiac
6th Gear

OP, JMO, whether it's a PDF or print go with HD Factory Service manual. I have had many for things over the years and factory was ALWAYS far better. Clymer and others are fine when you can't get a factory (like when they are no longer in print). Yes, you'll pay more, but after it is spent you won't regret it.