Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

review, Eastwood Basic Lead Free Body Solder Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:16 PM
americanworkmule
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default review, Eastwood Basic Lead Free Body Solder Kit

I've never chopped and or bobbed a bike before. I wanted to at least try and make it look half way decent. So I researched and didn't like how most guys would chop the fender horn struts off and would leave a nub sticking up like a sore thumb.

I wanted to try an make the lines flow and appear to be a hardtail like I had seen others do, somehow.

I don't know how they did it but I figured I would try Eastwood Basic Lead Free Body Solder Kit and fill in the grooves left after chopping off the frame horns. I've never worked with this stuff before but I think it came out ok looking.

I barely even used what was included in the kit so if anyone wants to buy the kit off me for $100 (i'll ship), send me a message. I paid $160 and only used two solder sticks (one to practice with, one to use), a shot glass of Flux and Paddle Lube. There is enough left over to keep passing this around to maybe 6 other guys to do the same project I did. There are, I think, 6 or 7 solder sticks left.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-basic-lea...-with-dvd.html

Last edited by americanworkmule; 09-08-2016 at 11:24 PM.