Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unexpected Harley wheelies are scary!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unexpected Harley wheelies are scary!!!

so a fellow co-worker just got himself a bike....a 1979 honda cb750....yesterday all he did was talk about how "ungodly" fast it is, and how awesome of bike it is....with my 06 night train sitting ride outside, i had enough!!! I washed myhands, walked over to him andsaid, hop on your bike, ill meet you out on the road...haha...the road where my business is, is about a mile long, and pretty dead during work hours, i didnt blow him away completely, but by like 5 bike lengths...his bike surprised me a lot...i got a stock 88. But as i shifted up into 3rd at the same time i hit a bump, the front tire came up about 6"!!! that was crazy. scared the $hit outta me. never thought that would happen...well i just thought this was a fun story...that is al i have for you!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Unexpected Harley wheelies are scary!!!

Your co worker needs more experience, That 750 should of spanked ya

Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Softail in 2007
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well did you beat him?, I had a 77 CB750 and I thought that I had more power then anybodyI was about 18 at the time, took it up to 112 many times, about that speed I would wake up and shut her down!! I haven't took this bike up to that speed yet

[IMG]local://upfiles/11433/6A406D51C6874EFDA53DE87B616362B3.jpg[/IMG]

just saw that you had him by five, You really must have done great !!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, well i know those bikes are quick...the magnas area bit quicker than the cbs, but yeah i beat him by like 5 bike lengths....after my pipes, air cleaner, ive got 80hp and 82 ft/lbs....the cb only has 77 hp, but they rev a lot quicker, so i dunno i think he needs a new clutch as well as more experience...while he does that, i think i get to some engine mods!!! well, im just lad i beat him...i dont like honda owners like him...ive got 2 guys with old hondas at work, and they talk about them like that hondas are the greatest think since electricity...its fine that they like theyre bike, but they look down on my bike...one of them that started about 3 months ago hasnt even looked at my bike yet...hell talk to me about his ALL THE TIME, but wont evenhear about mine.... and for the first few months hed pull his bike in my shop for his whole shift while everyone elses sat outside... pretty ridiculous in my opinion...sorry for the hge story, just lettin it out to some people i feel could relate

Old 05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow...a 3rd gear wheelie out of a pipe and air clearner 88 bike?

That's....ummm....impressive.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD7585

Your co worker needs more experience, That 750 should of spanked ya
In a bad way.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:06 AM
gussie78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: boone432

yeah, well i know those bikes are quick...the magnas area bit quicker than the cbs, but yeah i beat him by like 5 bike lengths....after my pipes, air cleaner, ive got 80hp and 82 ft/lbs....the cb only has 77 hp, but they rev a lot quicker, so i dunno i think he needs a new clutch as well as more experience...while he does that, i think i get to some engine mods!!! well, im just lad i beat him...i dont like honda owners like him...ive got 2 guys with old hondas at work, and they talk about them like that hondas are the greatest think since electricity...its fine that they like theyre bike, but they look down on my bike...one of them that started about 3 months ago hasnt even looked at my bike yet...hell talk to me about his ALL THE TIME, but wont evenhear about mine.... and for the first few months hed pull his bike in my shop for his whole shift while everyone elses sat outside... pretty ridiculous in my opinion...sorry for the hge story, just lettin it out to some people i feel could relate
Honestly they can have their hondas, I'll stick to an american dream. Besides, who has more fun? We got what theladies want. BTW I'd choose your races wisely for now, if you would have lost you'd of never heard the end of it. Well maybe a few G's later in mods. But it sure feels good to get a win.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Man, thats almost antique Japanese iron. That bike was fast in its day but nothing compared to modern Japanese superbikes. A bike that old probably has a lot of problems (people rarely want to spend $ to keep old Hondas running right because spending cash on a bike like that is flushing it down the toilet). I would bet even a stock twin cam could take it.

BTW - if that dude keeps stressing that old Honda racing Harleys its engine is going to blow!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:14 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Wow...a 3rd gear wheelie out of a pipe and air clearner 88 bike?

That's....ummm....impressive.
Almost hard to believe.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:22 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

ORIGINAL: boone432

...ive got 2 guys with old hondas at work, and they talk about them like that hondas are the greatest think since electricity...its fine that they like theyre bike, but they look down on my bike...one of them that started about 3 months ago hasnt even looked at my bike yet...hell talk to me about his ALL THE TIME, but wont evenhear about mine....
Sounds like they are just very jealous of your ride and can't admit it. Some BMW, Ducati, and new sport bike riders look down on Harleys. But, NOBODY rides a POS 1979 Honda and thinks its better than a Harley.

Quick Reply: Unexpected Harley wheelies are scary!!!