Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you want a HD tuner ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:48 PM
UT-rckr
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jam436
Yeah but now you gotta wonder about whether or not the EPA will begin to come after those OEM manufacturers as well...
Maybe. But you will still be able to buy one next week

Old 08-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by langwilliams
wasn't this just the "race tuner"?
That's understandable. That's what I have. You can basically map everything. You can change the idle and set A/F ratio points per rpm. I believe the base super tuner is just for uploading maps.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:54 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

One has to wonder...will the Feds outlaw dynos next? That would suck.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:25 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,190 Likes on 4,398 Posts

Originally Posted by FLS103
One has to wonder...will the Feds outlaw dynos next? That would suck.
They can't really "outlaw" dynos themselves. Even without the street perfomance market, they have a legal use (engine manufacturers, vehicle/engine testers, race teams, etc).

They CAN restrict & enforce their use in a way that you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to tune a "street" vehicle on one....

I'm really glad I have a PowerVision. Even if they dropped all support for it tomorrow, it is self contained. Even without any updates, I will be able to tune/change the two bikes I have it licensed to, for as long as I own them...

Last edited by hattitude; 08-19-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:26 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

it could be that HD is installing these with their pipe kits an stuff an covering them under warranty if bought an installed by HD at the time the bike is purchased.....the aftermarket can probably get away with the "for off road use only" label.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:00 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

The various stages of SESPT will still be available. It is the Super Pro which is for off road use only that is the one to be discontinued. EPA does not want any manufacturer to sell off road use tuners or exhausts. They tried with parts for folks that build dirt track cars and drag cars but those folks knew what was going on and contacted their reps who legislated that EPA could not do than.

Motorcyclist were so worried about chaps, brand of cycle, who is a biker and fingerless gloves that the deal was done before anyone knew it.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:10 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,349 Likes on 5,493 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
They can't really "outlaw" dynos themselves. Even without the street perfomance market, they have a legal use (engine manufacturers, vehicle/engine testers, race teams, etc).

They CAN restrict & enforce their use in a way that you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to tune a "street" vehicle on one....

I'm really glad I have a PowerVision. Even if they dropped all support for it tomorrow, it is self contained. Even without any updates, I will be able to tune/change the two bikes I have it licensed to, for as long as I own them...
EPA can outlaw anything they want. They have a phone and a pen. They can regulate racing and or off road use in a heart beat if they want. We are seeing that now in a lot of areas.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:27 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,100 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude

If push comes to shove and things really turn ugly I hope they unlock them before they drop support.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by langwilliams
it could be that HD is installing these with their pipe kits an stuff an covering them under warranty if bought an installed by HD at the time the bike is purchased.....the aftermarket can probably get away with the "for off road use only" label.
This is akin to the VW dieselgate scandal, except it was the dealers installing the emissions defeat devices and not the manufacturer. That makes it much better for HD compared to VW though.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:21 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
The various stages of SESPT will still be available. It is the Super Pro which is for off road use only that is the one to be discontinued. EPA does not want any manufacturer to sell off road use tuners or exhausts. They tried with parts for folks that build dirt track cars and drag cars but those folks knew what was going on and contacted their reps who legislated that EPA could not do than.

Motorcyclist were so worried about chaps, brand of cycle, who is a biker and fingerless gloves that the deal was done before anyone knew it.
I have been riding for over 30 years and have never wore chaps or fingerless gloves....don't have to look like one of the village people to ride a motorcycle haha. Another forum I frequent was aware of this issue and we all sent letters to our reps.

Quick Reply: If you want a HD tuner ...