Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need different risers on Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need different risers on Deluxe

Once again need your help.

My wife's left shoulder/neck area has been really sore since riding so I decided to find her comfort zone on the Deluxe. I held the bike up while she had her hands down and eyes closed. Told her to keep her eyes close and put your hands where the bars should be for her to be comfortable. She came up right at 2" behind the bars but the same height.

I measured the stock risers and they are right at 4 1/2" - 5". Do you know where I can get 6-7" risers for a 06 Deluxe that keeps the stock bars at about the same height?

Thanks

V/r

Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need different risers on Deluxe

ORIGINAL: SMSgt B

My wife's left shoulder/neck area has been really sore since riding so I decided to find her comfort zone on the Deluxe. I held the bike up while she had her hands down and eyes closed. Told her to keep her eyes close and put your hands where the bars should be for her to be comfortable. She came up right at 2" behind the bars but the same height.

I measured the stock risers and they are right at 4 1/2" - 5". Do you know where I can get 6-7" risers for a 06 Deluxe that keeps the stock bars at about the same height?

Thanks

V/r
You may want to look into a set of "reach" bars for the deluxe.

The way you described it, you want to keep her hand level at the same height, but just back towards her by 2 inches. If you go with a 6 or 7 inch riser, I don't think it will get you there. It will put the bars back a bit, but much higher hand position.

The "reach" bars are designed like the stock ones, but bring the hand position straight back to you, not up and not down. Call your local stealership or look on the HD website for "reach" bars for a deluxe.

I hope that helps.

-Denis

Old 05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: CNC WHEEL GUY

ORIGINAL: SMSgt B

Thanks

V/r
You may want to look into a set of "reach" bars for the deluxe.

The way you described it, you want to keep her hand level at the same height, but just back towards her by 2 inches. If you go with a 6 or 7 inch riser, I don't think it will get you there. It will put the bars back a bit, but much higher hand position.

The "reach" bars are designed like the stock ones, but bring the hand position straight back to you, not up and not down. Call your local stealership or look on the HD website for "reach" bars for a deluxe.

I hope that helps.

-Denis
I tried to research the bars for you, but could not find one for the deluxe. You may want to consider the "Reach Seat", which should move her forward a couple of inches.

Check out the link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 05-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Candilee
2nd Gear

This is my first post, I am SmsgtB'S wife, I appreciate your looking into this for me! All I know is I need to do something because after about 20 minutes riding, I hurt really bad on my left shoulder/neck region. I love to ride and I hate having to stop because I hurt. I find myself concentrating on my pain instead of enjoying the ride. i want to enjoy the ride and need to fix something.....
Thanks again for the help!

Candi