Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky Sucker full kit review. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016 | 07:56 AM
buttoncl
|
Novice

Originally Posted by stal94gt
I am not advertising but I do have the one I took off my bike for a 200 tire just sitting around. I needs a new paint job but I am not using it any more. I also have the spring seat as well. If you want it toss me a message
Hey if my post can help a brother out to sell some stuff... do it big!

Old 07-11-2016 | 08:14 AM
buttoncl
|
Novice

Originally Posted by stal94gt
I am not advertising but I do have the one I took off my bike for a 200 tire just sitting around. I needs a new paint job but I am not using it any more. I also have the spring seat as well. If you want it toss me a message
Hey if my post can help a brother out to sell some stuff... do it big!

Old 07-17-2016 | 11:30 PM
americanworkmule
Advanced

...that looks cool. Nice work.

Does anyone know, or had any luck mounting one of these Lucky Sucker fenders to a Evolution era softail?

Old 07-18-2016 | 02:19 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Button looking good man. My own opinion, but I reckon they look much better with out that cover or tank mount or whatever they call it. Just have that frame exposed, suits this style great.

Stal, hellbilly, ever thought of using a rocker c two up seat for a second seat option with the chopped off horns? Rockers frame is wider but with some billet spacer blocks machined up, it could work well. Well that what I'm doing. Actually eventually I plan on designing a setup like the rocker c but for these narrow softail frames that fit to the frame directly without the spacer blocks.

The following users liked this post:
buttoncl (07-19-2016)
Old 07-18-2016 | 02:57 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer

Ink I saw a video for that a good while back. That's been my plan but I haven't tracked one down. Also +1 on the cover. I think the bobber/chopper look doesn't need it. The ignition switch could be mounted elsewhere and the pain of hiding all those wires lol. Lookin good man.

The following users liked this post:
buttoncl (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016 | 07:33 AM
buttoncl
|
Novice

[QUOTE=Ink83;15335298]Button looking good man. My own opinion, but I reckon they look much better with out that cover or tank mount or whatever they call it. Just have that frame exposed, suits this style great.

I agree with the tank adapter. So far I have painted it black and kept the tank and fender raw. I have an older frisco style mount that Ill cut up and use to mount the tank. The ignition will be rewired and mounted under the seat with a key switch and remote push button setup.

I dig your builds man. Ive read a lot of your build thread. Im a new member but have been lurking for awhile.

Old 07-19-2016 | 08:22 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Looks good so far. Keep the pictures coming.

Old 07-20-2016 | 08:52 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Cheers Button! Be watching your thread too now

Old 08-06-2016 | 07:44 PM
americanworkmule
Advanced

Originally Posted by buttoncl
The stock ECM location for my Fatboy was built into the OEM rear fender. I didn’t feel like rewiring the bike and relocating if far. So I bought a new smaller battery and placed the ecm on top of the battery using some Velcro to hold it in place.
Shorai LFX18L1-BS12 Extreme Rate Lithium Iron Powersports Battery…………………………………….180.00

The new battery is lithium and meets or exceeds OEM battery specs in a much smaller and lighter package. If you every use this battery: DO NOT USE A BATTERY TENDER!!!
Let me know if you have questions.
Chris

Looks TUFF Chris,
How is the new smaller battery working out for you?
I looked it up and it has 102 C.C.A compared to 310 what I read our motor need. I'm wanting to go with your methodology of just sticking the ECM behind the battery.

Thanks

Old 08-23-2016 | 12:09 PM
buttoncl
|
Novice

Originally Posted by americanworkmule
Looks TUFF Chris,
How is the new smaller battery working out for you?
I looked it up and it has 102 C.C.A compared to 310 what I read our motor need. I'm wanting to go with your methodology of just sticking the ECM behind the battery.

Thanks
New battery is great . the battery I am using is 270 cca and runs flawlessly. I find no hesitation in starting the bike or running lights.

Here is the link to the exact battery I am using.
http://www.batterymart.com/p-shorai-...n-battery.html

Quick Reply: Lucky Sucker full kit review. PICS