Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory (Switched) Connector on Softail Custom FXSTC 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016 | 02:07 PM
TheDoctorFXSTC
|
Intermediate
Question Accessory (Switched) Connector on Softail Custom FXSTC 2010

Hi Guys!

I've already posted a question about the subject, but I'd like to post it here 'cause I have a serious doubt!

I'm looking for the "fantomatico" Accessory Connector in order to add accessories on my Softail Custom 2010.

Zanthamos on HDF wrote me that it is near the headlamp connector somewhere on the left side of the tank.

Before removing the tank and having a look at the wiring schemes (from a softail service manual 2007), I've noticed that in the Connectors Locations Table (B-6) there's no Accessory Connector listed.

So, finally, the question is: is it possible that my 2010 FXSTC has no Accessory Connector factory installed? Or the 2007 service manual is not the same of 2010?

I'm seriously thinking of giving up with my search for this connector and I'm going to install a piggyback on the accessory fuse...

Thanks to everyone of you that will have the patience to read this post and reply!

Lamps from Italy!

Old 07-02-2016 | 05:07 PM
Axis39
Road Captain

I believe it may be labeled as a Fender Tip Light connector.

On my '14 it is part of the headlight wiring assembly. I was just messing with it today, in fact. There is a headlight wiring loom connector that has four pins. Three are for the headlight and one is the orange and white striped fender trim light wire that many folks use for accessories.

On my bike, you don't need to pull the tank, just unfasten the bolts holding it in place and slide it back just a touch. When did they go to the one piece tank on Softails? I haven't followed them closely at all.

I will say that on my bike, I cannot use it for anything without it throwing an engine code.. accept that fender tip light. The newer bikes have a Body Control Module that's looking for certain loads on every wire. It would be nice if there was a switched accessory circuit somewhere that didn't throw a code... Instead, I've had to wire them straight to the battery to get them and my bike to work properly.

However, in doing some research recently about wiring in some auxiliary lights, I read up a bit on this fantastic orange and white wire... It seems it is in a similar place on a good bit of the Softails. Hopefully, it's there on yours as well.

In my Service Manual, if I look at replacing the headlight assembly, it talks about sliding the tank back to find the headlight loom connector. It's in the Electrical Section.

The following users liked this post:
TheDoctorFXSTC (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016 | 06:13 AM
TheDoctorFXSTC
|
Intermediate
Wink Fender tip Light

Originally Posted by Axis39
I believe it may be labeled as a Fender Tip Light connector.

On my '14 it is part of the headlight wiring assembly. I was just messing with it today, in fact. There is a headlight wiring loom connector that has four pins. Three are for the headlight and one is the orange and white striped fender trim light wire that many folks use for accessories.

On my bike, you don't need to pull the tank, just unfasten the bolts holding it in place and slide it back just a touch. When did they go to the one piece tank on Softails? I haven't followed them closely at all.

I will say that on my bike, I cannot use it for anything without it throwing an engine code.. accept that fender tip light. The newer bikes have a Body Control Module that's looking for certain loads on every wire. It would be nice if there was a switched accessory circuit somewhere that didn't throw a code... Instead, I've had to wire them straight to the battery to get them and my bike to work properly.

However, in doing some research recently about wiring in some auxiliary lights, I read up a bit on this fantastic orange and white wire... It seems it is in a similar place on a good bit of the Softails. Hopefully, it's there on yours as well.

In my Service Manual, if I look at replacing the headlight assembly, it talks about sliding the tank back to find the headlight loom connector. It's in the Electrical Section.
Hi Axis,

Looking at the scheme, the fender tip light appears to be only on domestic Softails. My FXSTC is for EU market.

So, I'll wait for a piggyback fuse this week and I'll install it in the fuse box (ACC fuse) to take the switched power I need.
I've removed the auxiliary spotlights straight connection to the battery, cause it was draining it!....

Thanks a lot and Lamps from Italy!

Old 07-04-2016 | 06:16 AM
Axis39
Road Captain

Fiorenzo,

That's interesting... I would think it would all be the same main body wiring harness.

Sorry to hear it's missing!

Old 07-04-2016 | 06:18 AM
TheDoctorFXSTC
|
Intermediate
Question

Originally Posted by Axis39
Fiorenzo,

That's interesting... I would think it would all be the same main body wiring harness.

Sorry to hear it's missing!
this is the the scheme. Am I right?