Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak Install problem, 07 Fatboy help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007 | 02:08 AM
air_marshall
|
Advanced
Default Fuelpak Install problem, 07 Fatboy help!

I need some help. I'minstalling the V & H Fuelpak onmy '07 Fatboy and I just can't seem to get all the harnesses and everything to fit under the seat. If anyone has done this and has a picture of where everything ends up it might help me. The instructions from V & H seem straightforward but it just doesn't seem to lay in there properly.

Thanks

Old 05-20-2007 | 02:21 AM
fatboystang
5th Gear
Default RE: Fuelpak Install problem, 07 Fatboy help!

be sure to have fuse box bracket out and the fuse boxes pushed down even with frame. then the grey connector out of ecm sits on top of the grey connector out of the fuel pack which is right on top the frame. you will have to push the grey connector from the fuel pack in from the left side under the ecm connector. Not fun wish I had went with race tuner

Old 05-20-2007 | 06:14 PM
air_marshall
|
Advanced

I've done that but it still seems that the seat (not stock, the Harley Sidekick) will rest on the factory ecm/fuelpak black connector combo. Does yours do that and has it cracked or been a problem?

Old 05-20-2007 | 07:22 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

My 03 Heritage was the same way. The Mustang seat sat a lot lower on the chassis and left little room for my PC III. I had to cut an opening in the rear fender just above the ECM, fabricate a tray that the PC would fit into, then seal and fasten the tray to the fender. I ran the wiring harness under the fender, supported it with wire clamps. It all fit perfectly, but it turned out to be a big project.

Old 05-20-2007 | 08:30 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

It tooka whileto get it to fiton my 07 Fat Boy. If you can wait till tomorrow afternoon I will take a picture and showyou how my shopfit it.

Old 05-20-2007 | 10:00 PM
air_marshall
|
Advanced

Here's how I ended up but I'm still not sure I like the way it fits. Maybe I should get out the plasma cutter and put the tray in that came with fuelpak.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24492/7E81E5EC3073463D9E80980A4B12013B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007 | 04:25 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

Air Marshall, I don't think you really want to use a plasma cutter on your fender. An air powered die grinder with a 3" cut-off wheel is far less damaging to the paint. And you have more control over it than a plasma. Just a thought.

Old 05-21-2007 | 05:19 AM
air_marshall
|
Advanced

Bowtieman, thanks for the advice but I think I was just ventingmy frustration at this whole thing. I'm not sure I would cut the fender at this stage but who knows.

The real problem is how the installation instructions make it sound and look like it's routine and everything will fit fine as long as you follow the instructions. The reality is it's not that easy to make it fit on the 07's from what I've experienced, the earlier models may be different and others here seem to have had some success.

Anyways, it's done for now and if the rain quits I'm going for a blast tomorrow, hope the neighbours don't mind the barkingof a pair ofBig Radius pipes first thing in the morning.

Old 05-21-2007 | 08:21 AM
Rich Train Driver
Advanced

G'day air_marshall, just ducked out to the shed and took the seat off the Night Train. If only I could post a pic as your Fuelpak set up is ****-about to what I did.

MyFuelpak is on the right (exhaust) hand side opposed to yours on the left and the black box you've strangled with the two zippy ties is upside down to mine asthe base of my black box rests snuggly against the battery.

As I said, I only wish I could post a pic for you.

Hope this helped and not confused. The only other thing I could do I grabbed the digital camera from work and post you the image directly tomorrow night(24 hours from now).

Cheers Rich

Old 05-21-2007 | 10:59 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: air_marshall

I need some help. I'minstalling the V & H Fuelpak onmy '07 Fatboy and I just can't seem to get all the harnesses and everything to fit under the seat. If anyone has done this and has a picture of where everything ends up it might help me. The instructions from V & H seem straightforward but it just doesn't seem to lay in there properly.

Thanks
I have the same problem running my PCIII. It's a REAL tight fit under a Fatboy seat no matter what you do. I bent the fuse panel tabs, pushed down the panel assembly down as far as possible, and used a heat gun to soften up the underpan of the seat, and bolt it down. Did this severall times, and now things fit ok, but still snug.

Quick Reply: Fuelpak Install problem, 07 Fatboy help!