Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak Install problem, 07 Fatboy help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007 | 02:08 PM
air_marshall
|
Advanced
Default RE: Fuelpak Install problem, 07 Fatboy help!

ORIGINAL: Rich Train Driver

G'day air_marshall, just ducked out to the shed and took the seat off the Night Train. If only I could post a pic as your Fuelpak set up is ****-about to what I did.

MyFuelpak is on the right (exhaust) hand side opposed to yours on the left and the black box you've strangled with the two zippy ties is upside down to mine asthe base of my black box rests snuggly against the battery.

As I said, I only wish I could post a pic for you.

Hope this helped and not confused. The only other thing I could do I grabbed the digital camera from work and post you the image directly tomorrow night(24 hours from now).

Cheers Rich
Rich, thanks for having a look. I tried doing it the way you describe which is what is in the instructions from V & H. It seemed that either way one connector was going to rest against the battery and the other would be on top of the ecm and the V & H grey connector. The instructions say to put the alarm module down beside the fuses/relays but that wasn't going to fit so I ended up with the placement that you see. (I'm curious though to see how yours is as the instructions show the black/grey connection laying flat behind the battery and I don't see how this could happen.)

Like everyone else here it seems, my concern is the pressure that the seat is going to put on the connector and whether or not it will crack over time. I wasn't planning on losing any weight soon but maybe this is just one more reason to start. Ha Ha.

air_marshall

Old 05-25-2007 | 07:38 AM
Rich Train Driver
Advanced

G'day air_marshall, I replied to your email with a picture attached of my Fuelpak instillation. It's a neat fit but everything fits well and nothing is crushed by the seat. Could you post the picture as it may help others.

Cheers Rich

Old 05-26-2007 | 03:22 AM
air_marshall
|
Advanced

Here are the photos Rich sent of his install. Hope they might help anyone else with this install, I'm going to see if I can get mine to work out the same, the way rich has it definitely sits lower under the seatthan they way I have it now.