Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nighttrain RSD Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:32 PM
6cummins1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nighttrain RSD Rear Fender

I know a million of these threads have been made, Ive searched without luck of finding my answers. I am wanting to put the RSD rear fender kit on my 08 Night Train since Ive got a 200mm on the back. Are there any other seats that will fit other then the RSD seat? I love how the RSD seat looks but hate how the seat isn't quite long enough and there is a gap in between the seat and tank. Hate to pay all that money for the RSD seat to only have it redone by a shop to fix the gap. Id really like to clean the tail end of the bike up with some small turn signals and use them to do brake light and blinkers like they do now but without a tail light since Ill be doing the rear fender. I won't have any electrical issues not hooking a tail light back up will I?

Last edited by 6cummins1; 06-01-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:39 AM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Only prob with these after market kits are that there seats are designed to fit there fenders. Like the heartland kit and the rsd I'm assuming. I bought an Danny gray seat, made for a stk fender and reworked it to fit my aftermarket fender. It's a lot easier with a plastic seat pan then a fiberglass seat pan. Plastic all you have to do before painting the fender is remove all padding, leather, install seat pan and heat up the pan to form it to the shape of the fender using a piece of wood to shape the soft plastic and masking tape to get it formed as it cools down. I did this with my stk bad lander seat and it worked pretty good. Now the fiberglass I had to shave it down, break the mold and work it to the fender. Doesn't sit as perfect as I would like it to but it's been on my bike for 10 yrs and it works for me.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:53 AM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 6cummins1
I know a million of these threads have been made, Ive searched without luck of finding my answers. I am wanting to put the RSD rear fender kit on my 08 Night Train since Ive got a 200mm on the back. Are there any other seats that will fit other then the RSD seat? I love how the RSD seat looks but hate how the seat isn't quite long enough and there is a gap in between the seat and tank. Hate to pay all that money for the RSD seat to only have it redone by a shop to fix the gap. Id really like to clean the tail end of the bike up with some small turn signals and use them to do brake light and blinkers like they do now but without a tail light since Ill be doing the rear fender. I won't have any electrical issues not hooking a tail light back up will I?

The answer to the seat is no. I do however have a RSD bobber seat set up that is discontinued sitting in my garage as well as a RSD vintage seat and 2 RSD fenders that is all for sale..Like you said the seat would have to be worked to get rid of the gap sucks I know but I know a guy that can do it. I did it for a guy on here turned out pretty good.

I didn't run blinkers on my bike as I have hands that work pretty well in turning situations. tail light is a 3 wire set up so you shouldn't have any issues. I ran the RSD side mount plate which is also sitting in my garage. It is an easy install I'm sure you will be fine.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:49 PM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

Bitchin seats makes a nice seat for the Rsd fender but it is expensive
http://www.bitchinseatstore.net/2007...customseat.htm

Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 PM
6cummins1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want to sell any of it? What about the struts?

Originally Posted by DynaJ
The answer to the seat is no. I do however have a RSD bobber seat set up that is discontinued sitting in my garage as well as a RSD vintage seat and 2 RSD fenders that is all for sale..Like you said the seat would have to be worked to get rid of the gap sucks I know but I know a guy that can do it. I did it for a guy on here turned out pretty good.

I didn't run blinkers on my bike as I have hands that work pretty well in turning situations. tail light is a 3 wire set up so you shouldn't have any issues. I ran the RSD side mount plate which is also sitting in my garage. It is an easy install I'm sure you will be fine.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:01 AM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

6cummins1,

I have a brand new Roland Sands Vintage Spring Seat as well for sale.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ring-seat.html

Fatusboyus has the tracker rear fender, struts, and seat for sale as well.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...solo-seat.html

No matter where or who you buy from make sure the fender and seat are for the 2008 and up model. The previous years have a different offset in the struts and won't work.