Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13,167 Likes on 5,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
Murphy's Law's #7: Everything takes longer than you think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bar is bolted top & bottom, so disconnecting it is the easiest part.

The entire coil relocation only took two beers, so it's not a major PITA.

The horn relocation was another beer, but only because I already had the tank off so it was easy to run the wires.
Awesome...thanks for the info and tips....DK Products makes the plug and play relocation kit so I think I'll just put that on my list.....I have the ABS as well, so the horn wasn't an issue? I'm presuming I can use the current horn mount for the front....hell...I might even go with the old school look up under the front light....

(on a side note...this forum is full of ****ing awesomeness...)

Old 05-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member

Murphy...better hope I never run into his ***......

Old 05-18-2016, 03:12 PM
gchristopher9
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Like Gaz B I was able to make a bracket to utlize one of the unused tapped holes and tuck it in behind the trans

The following users liked this post:
Hellbilly562 (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member

Yeah...I think I'll go that route as well...thanks guys.....

Old 05-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Gaz B
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dorsai
Just want to say Thank You Gaz. As if I didn't already have enough to do this weekend with the Honey-Do list, now I have to find time to fab up a bracket, pull the gas tank and move my horn down there.

That is an exceptional idea for locating the horn. Now I remember why I read all these threads.

Easy is a relative term with Harley's. It wasn't too bad compared to other 'easy' jobs, but I did add a bit of change to the swear-jar.

Of course, after I finally had it all out and was feeling really proud of myself, I looked at the directions again and saw where they said "if you encounter difficulty removing the bar disconnect the shift linkage".

Naturally, I have my Man Card, so directions are optional...
You're most welcome and I'm glad to of helped.
Looking forward to a progress report!
Gary

Old 06-01-2016, 01:35 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I relocated my horn to the same spot as Gaz, but the sound from that little horn is pathetic.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Dorsai
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also moved my horn to the same spot that Gaz turned us onto over this past weekend.

And since I had to pull the tank off to relocate it, and had a spare Stebel air horn laying around, decided to go full 'Belt AND Suspenders' and mount it too.

Right now the Stebel is between the downtubes, but just saw on another thread where the OP put his down by the left pass foot peg, so once I fab a bracket, it will be moved also.

Attached are some pics of the process. And don't ask for any measurements on the bracket - it was fabbed completely by-guess-and-by-golly, trying to work behind the pipes.

Attached Thumbnails Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-horn_jumper.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-feed_wires.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-bracket_side.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-bracket_top.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-horn_bracket_back.jpg  

Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-horn_bracket_top.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-relay_mount.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-relay_complete.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-oem_horn.jpg   Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-air_horn.jpg  

Last edited by Dorsai; 06-01-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:49 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My horn stopped working, second one of these horns from DK that went bad- and I need to pass inspection. Now I have to put my horn and coil back where they were. I'm really pissed off! I would stick my OEM horn on the front frame down tubes but I have an engine guard and they would interfere with each other.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Gaz B
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
My horn stopped working, second one of these horns from DK that went bad- and I need to pass inspection. Now I have to put my horn and coil back where they were. I'm really pissed off! I would stick my OEM horn on the front frame down tubes but I have an engine guard and they would interfere with each other.
Can you use the OEM horn in the new location?

Attached Thumbnails Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS-image.jpeg  
Old 07-22-2016, 11:11 PM
jtarter
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

This is where I put mine after the coil relocation. I used the original horn bracket and turned it in to be centered with the coil.

Quick Reply: Horn Relocation for FLSTFBS