Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike swap crisis

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016 | 12:43 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member

Why not just deal with another dealership instead of getting rid of the bike?

Old 05-13-2016 | 12:49 PM
Mother
Road Captain

There aren't nearly as many Indian dealers as there are Harley dealers... There may only be one in his area.

Old 05-13-2016 | 12:57 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

If you are even a moderately aggressive rider a slim is not for you. If you want a Harley with a decent lean angle check out the Dynas and the Road King. Great bikes I just hate the Shake. I would also check out the Ducati Diavel

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:00 PM
J-S
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc
best bet is to test ride the slim. I think its sits a bit higher than my breakout. I don't know anything lower than the BO. when i took the breakout for a test ride I asked them to hit highways and back roads just so I can get a feel for its limitations. I heard these bikes scraped easily. I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't the case. At least not during the test ride. yes, on tight corners, and at certain speeds you can scrape very easily but if you're careful it's actually not that bad. people made it sound like it would scrape just making a normal left turn. under normal riding it's fine. spirited riding, canyon carving.. it's not the bike you should be on... the slim looks like a fun bike. go for it.

I am not discouraging him to buy a Slim I am just telling my experience with MY Slim and even without spirit riding it was happening sometimes that I would scrape boards on street corners. I tried the breakout last years and yes it's low too and I did scrape a peg once but the fact that the breakout has pegs instead of boards might make it a little harder to scrape then the board on the Slim

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:08 PM
Mother
Road Captain

This is a good spot to compare the lean angle on the different bikes... It's listed in the "Performance" section.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...are-bikes.html

Since that seems to be a primary concern you probably want to test ride a Dyna as it will have much better clearance.

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:12 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

I think a Street Bob or Fat Bob would be more to your liking.

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:25 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by tmilo1000
Just my opinion, I'd trade just to get off the Fugly Indian. Never have been a fan of the Indian styling.
I agree, that Indian does not look good. Hey, am i catching some brown areola in your avatar, looks good, just sayin, lol

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:40 PM
Mother
Road Captain

::scrolls back up to check avatar::

Nah, just looks like the flap on the inside of the vest. Probably got caught on the nipple.

Old 05-13-2016 | 01:43 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer

i think everyone is right. check out other models. don't just focus on the slim. and if you're interested in looking at other brands, check out Triumph too. I've had a few of them. fit and finish is top quality. never had any issues, and they perform. my t-bird ran circles around the breakout but i needed a change.

Old 05-13-2016 | 02:13 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mother
::scrolls back up to check avatar::

Nah, just looks like the flap on the inside of the vest. Probably got caught on the nipple.
i thought so too, but after 25 times i'm thinkin it's the good stuff.. Thanks for checkin it out Brother!, lol

Just go back a Harley and get rid of that POS

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-20-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Bike swap crisis