Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone opened up their clutch cover on newer softail?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016 | 08:59 AM
Drodrigueznyc
|
Tourer
Default has anyone opened up their clutch cover on newer softail?

any pictures on what the inside clutch looks like on the newer softail models?

I'd like to see how the clutch cable is connected on the newer bikes that have been "upgraded" to provide an easier clutch pull. Would like to see if it has a burly easy pull clutch type of kit designed from the factory.

I am looking to install one of those burly easy pull clutch kits which extend the arm that covers the ball bearings inside but if the newer designs already have this type of modification than I guess it would be a waste of time to pursue this install.

other than the usual "lube the cable" or "get a grip exerciser" is there anything else that can be done to make it easier than stock? this is in reference to the newer bikes that have already been so called "upgraded" with an easier pull. I have a 2016 Breakout that I would like to improve the clutch pull somewhat.

Old 05-10-2016 | 09:45 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member

You could start by changing the clutch cable: http://www.barnettclutches.com/high-efficiency.html

Variable Pressure Clutch: http://aim-tamachi.com/pages/variabl...ure-clutches-1

Old 05-10-2016 | 05:59 PM
Drodrigueznyc
|
Tourer

cool, are you using the VPC? if so, how much of a difference did it make? was it worth it? would like to hear from someone that has it installed. on paper, everything sounds good. How about the burly easy pull kit? not trying to be cheap at all, just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I honestly don't care how much it cost. I have an old hand injury that makes it very difficult to manage the clutch on this bike. i usually do clutchless upshifts but in traffic it's very difficult. would be nice to lighten the pull a bit.

Last edited by Drodrigueznyc; 05-10-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2016 | 07:17 PM
Super38
Cruiser
Old 05-11-2016 | 10:03 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm using a Barnett Scorpion Lockup clutch myself.

I did know someone that was using the VP68LT - Easy Clutch pull and it was like a sportbike (2 finger pull).

Old 05-12-2016 | 07:28 AM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc
cool, are you using the VPC? if so, how much of a difference did it make? was it worth it? would like to hear from someone that has it installed. on paper, everything sounds good. How about the burly easy pull kit? not trying to be cheap at all, just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I honestly don't care how much it cost. I have an old hand injury that makes it very difficult to manage the clutch on this bike. i usually do clutchless upshifts but in traffic it's very difficult. would be nice to lighten the pull a bit.
you should really look into the rekluse auto clutch. check it out on youtube.

Old 05-12-2016 | 08:16 AM
Drodrigueznyc
|
Tourer

thanks, looks pretty awesome. i'll need to study that some more. need to find people that actually have it installed. can't always believe their promo videos.

i just ordered the burly easy pull kit and will be installing that next week. hopefully that's all I need to do.. if I need more i'll consider the rekluse solution. thanks