Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

floor boards

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:32 AM
J-S
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Default floor boards

Am I the only person to find boards less comfortable then pegs? I had a 2012 Slim and the position with the boards made my legs to want to spread all the time and was causing a discomfort in my legs like if I was always forcing to keep my legs in. Then I tried a breakout with the regular softail forwards and it felt so comfy.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

i had pegs for years, but i always felt like my feet were dancing around looking for a good position. plus they stated to hurt the arch in my foot. i know i could of gotten floor boards for any of my bike, but for a long time it was all about the look of the bike as well. well floor boards look great on my fatboy, but also feel fantastic. plus there are more positions i can have my feet in on them. it's all about preference.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:08 AM
J-S
Cruiser

yeah I guess that the switch blade could have helped with my slim but they didn't make them for the shape of my board and I was kind of stuck on the look thing. So right to each his own I was just wondering if comfort wise I was the only one who find peg better then board

Old 05-09-2016, 11:16 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

I had trouble with the boards on my Slim at first. My upper leg muscles and hip joints would hurt if I rode any length of time. Got 2.5" extended rear brake lever, eliminated heel shifter and got 2.5" extended front shifter. Can ride all day now, move my feet around wherever I want...although my heels usually end up at the outside front of the boards.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:32 PM
J-S
Cruiser

sounds exactly like the problem I had. The slim is gone now I guess I wasn't ready to have only a cruiser and couldn't afford 2 bikes but I am ordering a breakout cvo this summer

Old 05-09-2016, 01:53 PM
mdm
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Until we brought a pair of Softails home in '14 I'd never owned a bike with footboards. I had ridden a few with footboards over the years and didn't care for them. It took me a while to get used to the footboards but now I wouldn't go back to pegs again.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Foot boards. Footboards, whatever, but there's no floor on a bike.

Now that I go that off my chest, I had removed the boards from all of my softails that had them, due to comfort and looks as well, and am now back to the boards.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

I like having an engine guard and highway pegs to mix it up. I have the HD adjustable highway pegs and most of the time I rest my heel on my boards and put the ball of my foot on the pegs, similar to how your feet are in a car.

And an engine guard is great for saving paint and bars if you ever drop the bike by mistake in sand or at slow speeds.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:04 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

My feet feel like they're going to blow off the pegs at highway speeds! Mini boards helped a lot....some guys take the heal part of the heal toe shifter off for more foot room.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:22 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by J-S
Am I the only person to find boards less comfortable then pegs? I had a 2012 Slim and the position with the boards made my legs to want to spread all the time and was causing a discomfort in my legs like if I was always forcing to keep my legs in. Then I tried a breakout with the regular softail forwards and it felt so comfy.
I believe getting some floorboard extensions will make you much happier with your floorboards.

I won't ride a bike with floorboards for any length of time without them...feels to cramped up.

Quick Reply: floor boards