Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Night Train owners try this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Snoman_333
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Night Train owners try this?

Pullback Riser and Handlebar Kit for FXSTB Models

With a subtle curve that also adds an element of style, these pullback risers with flat bar brings the handlebars approximately 5" closer to the rider (as compared to stock FXSTB) without compromising the original styling of your Night Train®. Perfect for riders without a long reach or for riders who prefer sitting a little straighter in the saddle. Designed for use on FXSTB models with stock cables.

Part Number 56029-00

Curious as to how it might look and would it make it easier on the back?

Snoman

Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Any Night Train owners try this?

I didn't use the pullbacks but I changed my bars to ones with a slight pull back.

Mucho more comfortable for me.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: Snoman_333

Pullback Riser and Handlebar Kit for FXSTB Models

With a subtle curve that also adds an element of style, these pullback risers with flat bar brings the handlebars approximately 5" closer to the rider (as compared to stock FXSTB) without compromising the original styling of your Night Train®. Perfect for riders without a long reach or for riders who prefer sitting a little straighter in the saddle. Designed for use on FXSTB models with stock cables.

Part Number 56029-00

Snoman
I like the Nightrain's stock setup ,but I saw that HD kit.Seems to be a combination of the bars and riser that add up bringing things 5 inches closer-that's sort of drastic IMHO-

The closer a riding position gets to sitting completely upright,the more weight is shifted onto your butt and tailbone.

Maybe that riser withthe stock dragbars,that might be interesting.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master

nice kit. i have some 6 inch pullback risers on my bike now with the stock bars. i like them ok, although they're coming off next week and 8 inch street slammer style bars are going on in their place. if you decide to do any bar change i highly recommend getting some polyurethane bushings to replace stock rubber bushings. also, i'm not sure if you're set on your parts having to be hd. you might be able to savesome dough onbars, risers, and bushings if you go aftermarket.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Snoman_333

I have never seen one installed. But that straight bar is pretty narrow, so it may look kinda funny moving it so close. I would be more inclined to do something like Hammer02. IMHO.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:06 PM
jbt
Tourer

While I loved the look of the stock risers/drag bars, it was too uncomfortable on long rides, for me. I ended up with Deuce risers and an XL1200 bar, which moved the controls closer, and raised 'em up. Much more comfy, now. The above comment about putting more weight on your butt is true, though. Unexpected bumps can be jarring.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Gorion
Road Captain
Veteran: Coast GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 368 Likes on 208 Posts

I'm thinking about the same kit. So let me know what you think.I'm also considering the "street slammer" bars Hammer has on his. I need something a little closer and a little wider. I have a very hard time seeing behind me,

Old 05-17-2007, 04:41 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

I have that kit, but took it off when I put on my high bars. I have a pic of the setup and I'll look for it when I get home tonight.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Pops28
Road Master

I also bought this kit and installed it. I thought it would help the usual fatigue issues associated with drag bars, and HD sells this as"without compromising the original styling of your Night Train®".

Frankly, after I installed it, I hated the style. It totally took away from the character of my Train. It looked like a plain jane Softail.

I ended up buying 9.5" pull back risers from j&P for $65 (500-740) and I LOVE them!! Using the stock Drag bar, it reduces the reach by about the same 5" as claimed with the HD kit and it retains the nastiness of the Train...

The pictures in my gallery are of the kit installed, prior to going with the 9.5" risers.

Check them out!!

P.S., anybody want to buy a slightly used bar kit? HD Part Number 56029-00

Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 PM
jimb
Road Master

I like them like I like my Jack, straight up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11733/254C8A5533F24DB99CB61CC251DDD427.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Any Night Train owners try this?