Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Shift Levers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:29 AM
D Mucha
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Shift Levers

I put on long floor boards and now the the stock shift lever feels too short - doesn't allow my foot to use the whole floor board.

I cannot find a quality extended shift heal/toe lever that is moves the back peg back and keeps the front one where it is. i can buy an extended lever for the back, but it doesn't match the front lever and fits the spacing needed with an unmatched front lever.

Surely others have found a good solution to give yourself extra space on long floor boards. What solutions have you found?

Thanks.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:26 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by D Mucha
I put on long floor boards and now the the stock shift lever feels too short - doesn't allow my foot to use the whole floor board.

I cannot find a quality extended shift heal/toe lever that is moves the back peg back and keeps the front one where it is. i can buy an extended lever for the back, but it doesn't match the front lever and fits the spacing needed with an unmatched front lever.

Surely others have found a good solution to give yourself extra space on long floor boards. What solutions have you found?

Thanks.
Softbrake offers quite a few shifter styles in lengths up to 2.5" over stock in 1/2" increments. Maybe you could measure the lengths you need front and back and then give them a call. Super nice and honest people.

The following users liked this post:
D Mucha (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

My buddy has a set that resembles the oem style. I think they're kuryakyn. I have bigger boards too but went with matching extended heal and toe levers from Harley. I love them. Doesn't help you though I know

D Mucha (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 12:26 PM
misterslim
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an extended rear shift lever from Walters Workshop (Google them). It is the same style as the stock shift lever, just a bit thicker. Unless you look real close, you can't notice the difference. I wanted a longer rear lever as I found it annoying to keep banging the lever with my boot as I placed my foot in position on the board. It extends past the board and I have it adjusted low so I just slide my heel rearward off the board to step the shift. Plenty of room now. Works for me!

D Mucha (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 12:49 PM
JoeAverage
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks.
Check out these on eBay. They look just like the stock shifter, are great quality and great price. The only difference is the set screw is not exactly the same. Perfect fit though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTENDED-LEN...tVpBFC&vxp=mtr

Joe_G (04-25-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Berick
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 for Softbrake...... I bought a new brake pedal from them that goes further ahead as well as away from the bike about 3/4 of an inch. Doesn't sound like much but it sure is a lot more comfortable. Good guy too.... knows a lot about his products.

D Mucha (04-23-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 07:21 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

The one off of ebay works for me. Got a new chrome allen bolt from local hardware store and all is well. Lots more room.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:38 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Thanks.
I commented earlier in the post but forgot to include.... Best solution, get rid of the heel shifter. Personally I got rid of mine because I never used it. Moved the boards forward and got an extended front shifter so I could strech my legs. Using the rear shifter was awkward and uncomfortable.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I have them both front and rear. Allows me to have the full floorboard and use just my toe or heel with a small slide to the front ot back.

See:

Ride safe!

Old 05-01-2016, 12:22 PM
D Mucha
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up on Softbrake. They are great and the owner is very helpful.

Quick Reply: Extended Shift Levers