Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Fat Boy

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 02:41 PM
2cooltoolz
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you care about the opinion of an FNG

I bought a 2013 Fatboy a couple weeks ago, and I love it!! This is my 3rd Harley, following a Softail Custom and a DYNA Super Glide. I find it to much more "planted" than either one, while still handling great! Not as nimble as the DYNA but so much more relaxed at 70 mph. It is a big, heavy motorcycle, though, as mentioned and requires some conscious thought parking and at very low speeds. (It's a handful to back up hill! Yes, I know better, but I have to where I park at home )

Last edited by 2cooltoolz; 04-24-2016 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add picture and correct spelling
The following users liked this post:
Skyemo@aol.com (04-26-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 03:05 PM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Love my old fatty!

Old 04-26-2016, 08:00 PM
Skyemo@aol.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by Freak Show
What part of jersey, i was born and raised there, moved to delaware right before my senior year.. just because you're a girl means nothing . have seen lots of women on bigger bikes than me. the bike leans fine, i don't lean over to much. but if i do i counter balance.. how tall are you, can you flat foot it. maybe you should go for a fatboy lo.. i bought mine from a guy in jersey from cycletrader.com. it was stock 2012 with 750 miles on it, got it for 12,500. there are good deals on there
From south jersey near deptford.. Like I said I test rode in empty lot. I can flat foot when sitting. I can back walk it into a parking space and I was practicing slow sharp,turns in lot. The dealership was in a high traffic many traffic light area and I didn't want to test ride outside of a controlled environment that day.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyemo@aol.com
From south jersey near deptford.. Like I said I test rode in empty lot. I can flat foot when sitting. I can back walk it into a parking space and I was practicing slow sharp,turns in lot. The dealership was in a high traffic many traffic light area and I didn't want to test ride outside of a controlled environment that day.
I'm from National Park, did you buy it at Barb's?. You did the right things and a good idea knowing that you have to be able to handle it at slow speeds, the fast part is easy.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Skyemo@aol.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by Freak Show
I'm from National Park, did you buy it at Barb's?. You did the right things and a good idea knowing that you have to be able to handle it at slow speeds, the fast part is easy.
I just brought new fat boy home from Brians in Langhorn -better deal. Said goodbye to my sporty. its late or I would be on it right now. I can't wait to ride. Hope it's not raining tomorrow when get home from work. I got the charcoal pearl and it is awesome!

Last edited by Skyemo@aol.com; 04-27-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more to comment
Old 04-28-2016, 08:05 AM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I just brought new fat boy home from Brians in Langhorn -better deal. Said goodbye to my sporty. its late or I would be on it right now. I can't wait to ride. Hope it's not raining tomorrow when get home from work. I got the charcoal pearl and it is awesome!
Congradulations! Ride safe and hope your face doesn't get too sore from the big smile all the time.

Last edited by ILMFBL; 04-28-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

raining today here in delaware, only supposed to be 60 this weekend, but it's better than 20. be safe and enjoy!

Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 691 Likes on 381 Posts

Looks to be great Fat Boy weather this weekend here in Southern California, Surf City USA!

Old 04-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,746 Likes on 828 Posts
Default Ride, Ride, Ride, Ride

Best bet before buying ANY bike is to take it on an extended ride. Rent one for a day before buying. I almost bought a softail Slim before a long ride. I scraped the floor boards getting on and of the highway at slow speeds. Then I did it again at a higher speed and brought the bike back. I owned a Road King prior and only scraped the boards twice in 12,000 miles.

Everyone has a riding style and not every bike is for everyone. Also, every bike is a compromise so try and get one that fits your style and mission. I ended up with a 2013 Super Glide Custom. I miss the solid highway ride at 70+MPH but now ride it MUCH more on short rides. The nimbleness and acceleration is fun.
The beauty of the softails or Road Kings are the ability to add windshields and bags for long trips or strip them down for local cruising on a hot summer day.
Good luck with whatever you choose. Any of the above choices will be way more comfortable than a Sporty.

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 04-28-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Thats Awsome!!! Congrats on the New Fatboy!!! Best Harley made!!

Quick Reply: 2016 Fat Boy