Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Lamp options for Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:58 AM
honda450r
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Lamp options for Night Train

I picked up a 06 Night train about a month ago, stock bulbs pretty much garbage as you all know. I bought a pathfinder LED last week, attempted to install this weekend, bulb ended up being to big for the stock housing(it was to deep), fits my buddies 05 deuce but not the NT. What are my options for a LED replacement that will fit this thing? Trying to avoid having to drop the coin on a daymaker so im hoping a drop in bulb will fit. Thanks in advance, its much appreciated.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:29 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I had the black LED headlight from Harley on my old Night Train. Looked great on or off.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:20 PM
honda450r
6th Gear

I'm hoping to find a drop in h4 style LED. If not I'll have to drop the coin on a whole assembly

Old 04-11-2016, 08:42 PM
bigblock59
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

socalmotogear

Old 04-11-2016, 09:05 PM
HGMC_GB
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by honda450r
I picked up a 06 Night train about a month ago, stock bulbs pretty much garbage as you all know. I bought a pathfinder LED last week, attempted to install this weekend, bulb ended up being to big for the stock housing(it was to deep), fits my buddies 05 deuce but not the NT. What are my options for a LED replacement that will fit this thing? Trying to avoid having to drop the coin on a daymaker so im hoping a drop in bulb will fit. Thanks in advance, its much appreciated.
look up ramjet racing, they have ton of options, from H4's to full units

Old 04-11-2016, 10:44 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,199 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by honda450r
Take a look at the DK Custom Drop in LED bulb. It fits where a lot of others don't.

Night and day difference-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-12-2016, 09:46 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 94 Posts

I tried the PIAA replacement bulb. It was brighter but not bright enough. I dropped the coin on a daymaker and would not have anything else now. The NT headlight is small and I think the daymaker is worth every penny er... dollar. I bought mine from Board Tracker HD on line. I was not aware of DK buld when I purchased my daymaker.

My front turn signals are Custom Dynamics rings that were on bike when i bought it. I put a CD led taillight and replacement lights in the turn signals and converted them all to red running/blinker and used HD Auxiliary Brake Light/Running Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit-69462-06D. You can't miss the backend at night!

Old 04-12-2016, 09:54 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Check out Moonsmc.com or motoillumination.com both have very reasonable prices for a daymaker alternative.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:20 AM
honda450r
6th Gear

Originally Posted by confederate
Check out Moonsmc.com or motoillumination.com both have very reasonable prices for a daymaker alternative.

Order the DK drop in LED, it ended up being barely to big for my headlight bucket unfortunately. I have that for sale if anyone's interested. Dropped the coin on the MoonsMC moon maker 2, I'll be sure to write a review once I receive it and get it mounted up. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:13 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,345 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Take a look at the DK Custom Drop in LED bulb. It fits where a lot of others don't.

Night and day difference-

Kevin I ordered this bulb from you and it didn't
fit my stock Train bucket no matter how hard I tried to get it in there. It did fit the wife's FX Springer light bucket though and it is bright as hell.most bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned. Looking for a used FX bucket now and I'll buy another. G.

Quick Reply: LED Lamp options for Night Train