Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 PM
fedeferr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered mine on august 20th and i got an e-mail with the tracking number yesterday, sept 27, 5 weeks so far, i haven't got it yet, but at least it seems that they have shipped it.
i'm really looking forward to put it on and dyno the bike, a couple of weeks ago my dealership was offering free dyno tests, i took the chance and got it done, the bike pulled out 77.43 pounds of torque and 73.85 horse powers.
i've sent an e-mail to rb with attached a copy of the dyno report to inform them about the results.
i have an 06 FLHX with stock engine, scraming eagle race tuner, air cleaner and rinehart true duals, i think this is one of the most popular configuration for twin cam baggers in the entire world.
i was basically telling the guys at RB that i was happy to have ordered their product, i loved the look, but, for the money they ask it better perform better than my actual configuration, otherwise would have been very hard to justify the more than 1.000 $ invested, especially while i decided to buy their product after carefully reading their web site (http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/index.htm) and getting convinced by their way to talk about performances and their experience.

this is the answer i got from them:

"We do not make predictions or guesses.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Crystal ***** and Astrology

You win some, you lose some. Mostly we win. Like we always say it always depends on the tuner. This is not a parts changing business and we all know it's easiest to just change pipes and see what happens, but that's not science. The LSR 2-1 pipes, themselves, do not represent a "limit" as long as you choose the right pipe for your application. The rest of the equation is getting the parts and tuning to work together.

Just put the damn thing on the road, open her up, and see what she'll do. Let the metal scream."

with no signature...

not very encouraging nor professional...but...

at this stage i really can't wait to put the bike on the dyno, i'll get back here to tell you the results, we'll then see if these guys at RB are just full of ****, or if they really are worthed the money they charge.

fedeferr

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I considered their pipes, but their website came across to me arrogant as all hell and turned me off of buying anything from them.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
fedeferr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the exhaust last friday, installed last sunday and tuned it last tuesday.

almost 80 HP, and i have a stock 88 c.i. just with stage one screaming eagle.

now that it is all said and done i can tell that i'm 100% satisfied with everything at RB, customer care, timing, shipping and handling, packaging and most than anything performances.
the only complain i have is about the price, it has costed me $ 1.300 once it was all done.
i think it's a lot of money, its a great product i love that its custom made in USA, no China ****, but still, $ 1.300 its' to much, it should be just under $ 1.000 and then it would have been great overall, without the bitter pill of the price.

at this stage i'm pretty sure that the guy complaining and bitching about them is the one they refer to in the eat **** and die part of their site, most likely is what he deserves.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:53 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,378 Likes on 2,577 Posts

this is the answer i got from them:
"We do not make predictions or guesses.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Crystal ***** and Astrology

You win some, you lose some. Mostly we win. Like we always say it always depends on the tuner. This is not a parts changing business and we all know it's easiest to just change pipes and see what happens, but that's not science. The LSR 2-1 pipes, themselves, do not represent a "limit" as long as you choose the right pipe for your application. The rest of the equation is getting the parts and tuning to work together.

Just put the damn thing on the road, open her up, and see what she'll do. Let the metal scream."

with no signature...

not very encouraging nor professional...but...

at this stage i really can't wait to put the bike on the dyno, i'll get back here to tell you the results, we'll then see if these guys at RB are just full of ****, or if they really are worthed the money they charge.

fedeferr
They are just telling you the way it is fedeferr.Granted a little cold if you take it that way.Any exhaust mfg that claims a specific hp,tq gain is just guessing.There are too many variables out there to make a specific estimate.I can tell you this I have gone thru several different exhaust changes thru the different builds on my Train and RB's have made the most tq every time.Tq. moves barges faster than hp. The old V+H pro pipe came the closest but for 200.00 less and the butt ugly look,jmo sorry if I offend pp owners,I'll take the LSR.
They work even better on my Evo.A lot of people get good #'s from D+D's also.One day I would like to bolt a Fat Cat on to try and see what happens.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:09 PM
96black&blue
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump the LSR THREAD......I'm happy on all levels

Attached Thumbnails  RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust-bike-080.jpg  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,378 Likes on 2,577 Posts

they look good 96.that evo revs a little more now don't it?Check your plugs before you get too many miles on her. G.