Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Performance Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016 | 08:39 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
^ The 3-4k I mentioned was certainly not for the SE kit or a tuner, or pipes / AC. the SE kit and labor, plus a SE tuner and tuning time, will definitely run much more as you suspect. but true it is the only way to really keep the warranty intact if that is a key requirement.
Yeah I figured that, I was just trying to clear it up for the OP, didn't want him to think he could pop into a dealer with 4K and walk out with a 120HP build lol.

On a side note, those PM whees look sweet on your ride. I just got a set of Revel Platinum Cuts (21"x3.5" and 17"x6.5") +rotors and pulley for a 2016 Softail build i'm doing. It's getting a stretched tank, new fenders, custom seat a 113" build. Fun project.

Old 04-05-2016 | 09:02 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
Yeah I figured that, I was just trying to clear it up for the OP, didn't want him to think he could pop into a dealer with 4K and walk out with a 120HP build lol.

On a side note, those PM whees look sweet on your ride. I just got a set of Revel Platinum Cuts (21"x3.5" and 17"x6.5") +rotors and pulley for a 2016 Softail build i'm doing. It's getting a stretched tank, new fenders, custom seat a 113" build. Fun project.
thanks man- yeh the wheels were pricey but I really like em. that sounds like a wicked project- start a build thread on it!

Old 04-05-2016 | 09:46 PM
EricRay
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Man, it looks like its going to cost a fortune, to keep the warranty. I found the fuel moto 107 complete kit for $1300. And also comes with complete instructions. The kit plus the exhaust plus dyno should be around $2500 if I do the work. hope they have a canned tune to make it simple, but I know you can't beat a good tuner who knows what he is doing. I'm going to give Fuel Moto a call, get some more info.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28617-1...-bore-kit.html

Old 04-06-2016 | 01:19 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by EricRay
Man, it looks like its going to cost a fortune, to keep the warranty. I found the fuel moto 107 complete kit for $1300. And also comes with complete instructions. The kit plus the exhaust plus dyno should be around $2500 if I do the work. hope they have a canned tune to make it simple, but I know you can't beat a good tuner who knows what he is doing. I'm going to give Fuel Moto a call, get some more info.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28617-1...-bore-kit.html
well your lucky that your 2016 comes with a 50mm throttle body and 4.3 injectors- previous models came with a 46mm and 3.9 injectors. so that means you just saved some money on not needing to buy larger injectors.

you'll need a tuner device like the powervision though - add on another $400 or so- they should cut you a deal on it with the engine kit. yes they do have excellent dyno-developed tunes for their kits and that is why you need the tuner device do you can load the tune file.

you really also need an exhaust and an air cleaner. the stock setup is very restrictive. but look at all the $ you saved with the FM kit

Ask for Jamie he is their lead tech and dyno guy. tell him LA_Dog sent ya from HDforum.

The following users liked this post:
EricRay (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016 | 08:53 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

Do the 107" BB. You will not regret it. I didn't get mine done from fuel Moto but they are known for great customer support and damn good builds. As soon as you fire up that bad boy after an engine build and take off down the street you'll understand why the MoCo warranty ain't no big thing to lose. To each their own but I bought my bike to ride the way I want to ride and not have to worry about what I can and can't do to keep my warranty. Find a good, reputable builder and talk with them. They will lead you in the right direction. Follow what they say on break in and maintenance and you'll enjoy thousands of happy, ground pounding miles. Good luck man and keep us updated.

Also. If you go the Fuel Moto way I am selling my power vision I bought from them a few months ago. Would cut you a deal if they won't drop the price for one.