Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling owners of Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seats (for Twin Cams)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016 | 07:26 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Clammy
I wonder if the driver's seat is the same on both models. Would you mind measuring the height of the driver's back (from top of driver's seat to top of pillion), driver's seat thickness (from the bottom of the seat where it meets the frame to the top of the driver's seat) for me?

Thanks.

Cheers!
On my seat, it is approx 6-6 1/4 " from seat to top of pillion and approx 4" from where my butt sits to the bottom of the seat where it comes in contact with the frame, then it gradually tapers to where it comes in contact with the tank.. I just had an idea. I wonder if you contacted the Corbin people if they could give you a more definite answer about how the two seats, that you mentioned, would compare in size?

The following users liked this post:
Clammy (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016 | 07:58 PM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
On my seat, it is approx 6-6 1/4 " from seat to top of pillion and approx 4" from where my butt sits to the bottom of the seat where it comes in contact with the frame, then it gradually tapers to where it comes in contact with the tank.. I just had an idea. I wonder if you contacted the Corbin people if they could give you a more definite answer about how the two seats, that you mentioned, would compare in size?
Thanks, buddy!

Good idea. I'll give them a call tomorrow, but based on the measurements you just gave me, I'll probably be ordering the seat at the same time!

By the way, is your seat all leather?

Cheers!

Last edited by Clammy; 04-06-2016 at 08:03 PM.
SPRINGER (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016 | 11:09 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks, buddy!

Good idea. I'll give them a call tomorrow, but based on the measurements you just gave me, I'll probably be ordering the seat at the same time!

By the way, is your seat all leather?

Cheers!
Yes, it is all leather and worth every cent of it and glad I was able to help ya buddy.

Old 04-07-2016 | 07:42 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Sorry for delay clammy. Got injections in my knee and walking down to the garage wasn't high on my list.G.

Old 04-07-2016 | 09:49 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Yes, it is all leather and worth every cent of it and glad I was able to help ya buddy.
Awesome! How has the leather held up over the years? Does the seat spend a lot of time in the sun?

Reaper lives outside during riding season, so any seat I get will be exposed to the sun a LOT.

Thanks again!!

Cheers!

Old 04-07-2016 | 09:51 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by back again
Sorry for delay clammy. Got injections in my knee and walking down to the garage wasn't high on my list.G.

Awesome!! Thanks a LOT. My decision is made. I'll be putting the order in today!

Thanks a ton!

Cheers!

Old 04-07-2016 | 09:58 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Seat is 10 years old now and still good condition. I keep Doc Baileys leather treatment on it a couple times a year. Seat has seen its share of Fl. Ga. Sun and rain. Comfortable as hell with good back support.

Old 04-07-2016 | 10:00 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by back again
Seat is 10 years old now and still good condition. I keep Doc Baileys leather treatment on it a couple times a year. Seat has seen its share of Fl. Ga. Sun and rain. Comfortable as hell with good back support.
Excellent! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again, man!

Cheers!

Old 04-07-2016 | 11:44 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks to SPRINGER and back again, my new seat has been ordered.

Cheers!

SPRINGER (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016 | 03:25 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Awesome! How has the leather held up over the years? Does the seat spend a lot of time in the sun?

Reaper lives outside during riding season, so any seat I get will be exposed to the sun a LOT.

Thanks again!!

Cheers!

When I ordered my seat, they had some stuff called Corbin saddle cream. Considering how much the seat cost me, I had them throw a bottle of that stuff in also. My seat shows some minor wear marks because my butt has been on it so long, hahaha but over all condition is great, no cracks what so ever. My bike spends the winter in my garage but during riding season, it sits in front of my garage and all is good. I feel as long as a person treats the leather seat with some kind of leather protection, it should help it last longer than if nothing was done to it. Enjoy your new seat.

Clammy (04-07-2016)

Quick Reply: Calling owners of Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seats (for Twin Cams)