Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker options? maintenance question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:43 PM
Aogmitch
Cruiser

The JW was a direct plug and play on my Heritage. No adapters needed. Just added the passing lamps a couple of weeks ago. Now just need to alter the wiring so they will stay on with the high beam.

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:44 PM
zamdam
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kinect
Daymaker option you say? you can't tell the difference from HD daymaker other than the HD badge. They're for 7" headlight buckets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-7-INCH-4...JU98CH&vxp=mtr
That doesnt seem to be plug and play.. is there an adapter? Looks like you have it installed in your bike

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:49 PM
zamdam
|
Intermediate

How about the other lights in the front and rear turn signals.. Can i just replace the bulbs with led equivalents?

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:53 PM
kinect
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zamdam
That doesnt seem to be plug and play.. is there an adapter? Looks like you have it installed in your bike

Yes it is. Our adapters are H4 (Hi/Lo) and it comes with another connector H4 to H13 that you don't need. Just plug and play, no sweat mod. Im just a poor peasant so... gotta be smart.

I don't currently have a picture of the light output but I would recommended this LED headlight to anyone.

Attached Thumbnails Daymaker options? maintenance question-20160214_170506.jpg  

Last edited by kinect; 03-30-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-30-2016 | 11:55 PM
zamdam
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kinect
Yes it is. Our adapters are H4 (Hi/Lo) and it comes with another connector H4 to H13 that you don't need. Just plug and play, no sweat mod. Im just a poor peasant so... gotta be smart.
Awesome. Thanks

Old 03-30-2016 | 11:59 PM
zamdam
|
Intermediate
Old 03-31-2016 | 12:04 AM
kinect
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zamdam
How about the other lights in the front and rear turn signals.. Can i just replace the bulbs with led equivalents?

Im not so sure if you're still referring to my bike but for the directional in your slim I would suggest to invest in custom dynamics leds. The front are 1157 and 1156 ON MY BIKE. If your slim's rear turn signals light up as running/brake and turns then they're 1157 too.

If you just replace the bulbs with led equivalents, you may not be too pleased about it as incandescent bulbs are brighter than some other leds.

Old 03-31-2016 | 12:07 AM
kinect
Cruiser

Some of them will fit, some won't since the fan at the rear end might obstruct proper fitment. I don't have it so im not sure which ones will fit. And by the way, it may cause too much glare to oncoming traffic because of the HD reflectors. In today's cars, most have projectors which are more efficient.

But like I said on the ebay link that I posted, I would recommend it.

Last edited by kinect; 03-31-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-31-2016 | 12:15 AM
jbfb
Road Captain

I hope it's ok putting up a link to a JEEP forum. This should take you to a pretty in depth look at headlights. Why JEEP? Cause as far as I can tell they use the exact same lights, we just use one at a time (for the 7" anyway).
http://www.jkowners.com/tech/lights/
Oh. This write up is upwards of 4 years old but the basic info is relevant, even if some of the lights have changed. Just a bit of knowledge.

Old 03-31-2016 | 12:20 AM
zamdam
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jbfb
I hope it's ok putting up a link to a JEEP forum. This should take you to a pretty in depth look at headlights. Why JEEP? Cause as far as I can tell they use the exact same lights, we just use one at a time (for the 7" anyway).
http://www.jkowners.com/tech/lights/
Oh. This write up is upwards of 4 years old but the basic info is relevant, even if some of the lights have changed. Just a bit of knowledge.
I want the Rebel headlights.. where are those at.. They seem bright as hell

Maybe not. All that wiring will probably not fit our bikes

Last edited by zamdam; 03-31-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Daymaker options? maintenance question