Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Itching for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Itching for mods.

I'm getting ready to swap out my bars for some with a little more rise & towards the rider. Any suggestions for the NT that keeps the drag look? Also, this winter I am seriously thinking of having the Edelbrock RPM kit (heads, cams, intake) installed along with a big bore kit. They claim 118hp at the wheels. Are their better choices for the money out there? Last question, how is the ride with a 250 rear tire? Thanks.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Itching for mods.

Damn, 32 people viewed it but no responses. I guess I am the only NT owner installing a big bore kit.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:02 AM
kmallein
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 05 Nite Train and getting ready to get a cam upgrade but not a big bore kit. Wont do that for a few years, I got to sit on an 06 exactly like mine the other day for the York Open House. Man that thing is nice, I should of waited. That fat bob tail fender is really nice............

Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the reply. Is the '06 rear tire a 200mm? I was leaning on a 250mm tire but need to know if it makes the ride worse. What is the widest tire that will fit on the stock swingarm? Thanks again.
ORIGINAL: kmallein

I have an 05 Nite Train and getting ready to get a cam upgrade but not a big bore kit. Wont do that for a few years, I got to sit on an 06 exactly like mine the other day for the York Open House. Man that thing is nice, I should of waited. That fat bob tail fender is really nice............

Old 09-29-2005, 12:55 AM
rhinoevans
Tourer

I think that the largest tire that HARLEY says will fit on a NT is a 150, although some fine ways to fit a bigger tire. I think that it is a different ride, and the handling is different. This comes from a friend who has a big dog with a 250. As for as Cam and big bore kit, that is not for me. If I needed more power/speed I would have bought a different bike. .I plan on a handle bar and inverted front end upgrade. One for looks and hopefully one for better handling,

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the info. I ended up and bought the following today. Drag Specialties 1 1/2"drag bars with a 7" rise, Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes, Power Commander, Kuryakyn black wrinkle Hypercharger with a K&N filter. Tomorrow I need to go get the extended brake line, stock exhaust clamps. Nothing like being stuck in the middle of an install.
I'll plan to get the bike dynoed next week so it is tuned correctly.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 AM
Jumpmaster
Novice

Not a Night train but the pipes and bars should look something like this. I love the pipes...looks...sound. The rear is a 180. Good luck with your bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2948/6E0D38A8AD0F4395A013207D76A4247C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Nice scooter. I just finished installing the pipes. They and the bars are exactly like yours. Any info on the brake line and throttle cables that you needed due to the higher bars? Thanks.
ORIGINAL: Jumpmaster

Not a Night train but the pipes and bars should look something like this. I love the pipes...looks...sound. The rear is a 180. Good luck with your bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2948/6E0D38A8AD0F4395A013207D76A4247C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Russelmania
Outstanding HDF Member

The 250 didnt affect my handling at all (originally put the 250 on before the extra rake and 6" overs), and actually made the bike feel more soild at very low speeds. Takes a few miles to get used to having to put a little more steer in at very low speeds (like in a parking lot. You would normally give it a little lean, and with the 250, you have to give it a little more to get off of the "flat" part)

Old 10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

You bike looks great. Who did you go with for the wide tire kit? I've started checking around and I'm liking the Heartland kit. That and some Sinister wheels and the NT will be bad ***.
ORIGINAL: Russelmania

The 250 didnt affect my handling at all (originally put the 250 on before the extra rake and 6" overs), and actually made the bike feel more soild at very low speeds. Takes a few miles to get used to having to put a little more steer in at very low speeds (like in a parking lot. You would normally give it a little lean, and with the 250, you have to give it a little more to get off of the "flat" part)

Quick Reply: Itching for mods.