Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded in my sportster 48 for a Fatboy lo

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016 | 11:00 AM
smoOve
|
Tourer
Default Traded in my sportster 48 for a Fatboy lo

Hey guys I traded in my sporty last weekend at bike week! Lol yes I got suckered in lol. I'll start off by saying I did a lot of work to the 48 and they gave me way more then what I was asking for it so I had to do the deal lol. I've always loved the fatboy lo and said when I trade my bike in it'll be for one. I was kindve tired of riding to bike week and barely being able to walk after. I also hate that all the people I ride with have street glides and I always have to make them stop to fill up lol. That being said, the ride home was 110% better .

I am very happy with my purchase I just don't know which route to take it yet.

I'm really thinking of doing the batwing fairing with the radio and the street glide hard bag setup. That is where I believe I am aiming to go.

Or the freight train headlight setup and just a leather saddle bag.

Can anyone point me in the direction to get the passing lights for the fatboy lo? The 2 lights next to the headlight with the markers underneath.

I def. want to do that at least. I ride on very dark roads.

Also one thing I hate about it is the big *** brake light. Has anyone changed that up?

Well I just wrote a Harry Potter sequel so let's get on to the pictures.

My old 48

Old 03-19-2016 | 11:07 AM
galaxyfe
Tourer

Jessie James said (something to the effect of) "everyone likes riding their baggers and comfortable bikes to Sturgis and other bike events, but when you get there, youll always wish you were on your cool bike".

I tormented for a long time between my Slim and and a 48. In the end, I didn't think I could stand the peanut tank range, but you can do some bad *** things with a sporty! Still have moments I'm not so sure I made the right decision. I get grief for making my Slim sporty like; drag bars, mirrors on the bottom, fatter rear tire, forward controls (ditched the boards), etc. I'm sure my Slim rides better, but...

Anyways...my useless input. Congrats and let the mods being. A new pallet to start with. That's always fun.

Last edited by galaxyfe; 03-19-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2016 | 11:29 AM
smoOve
|
Tourer

Don't get me wrong I loved my 48! I had a great time on that thing but now that I have a 2 year old son. I'm looking more for comfort and cruising than crazy riding lol. I had a lot of fun with it around town and turned a lot of heads with it. But I feel I made the right decision. Especially when my wife wanted me to get rid of my bike all together since my son is young, I'm just happy I convinced her that I'll get rid of my fun bike for something I can just cruise on lol. Thanks a lot!!

Old 03-19-2016 | 11:30 AM
galaxyfe
Tourer

Now you got something he can ride with you on! That was the other thing that drove me to the Slim...the option of halfway comfortable two up. You'll like that with the Softail if you partake.

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:17 PM
Sarah93003
Club Member

Nice!

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:30 PM
Mother
Road Captain

Welcome to the club, man.

I have the custom dynamics taillight on mine and it's a little more low profile then the big square stock one.

That and a lay down tag bracket clean up the *** end quite a bit.

Old 03-19-2016 | 04:14 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master

Gotta stay out of the Softie forums. Getting the bug for one again.

Congrats on the bike

Old 03-19-2016 | 06:39 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Cool bro! Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the stf

Old 03-19-2016 | 08:50 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

what year is it, i'd consider getting rid of those risers and just getting some taller more stable bars. good move are far as comfort goes, and believe me the fat boy is a cool bike. they are always a head turner. there are plenty of cool mods to do. welcome aboard, look on the fat boy lo thread for ideas

Attached Thumbnails Traded in my sportster 48 for a Fatboy lo-20160228_125606.jpeg  
Old 03-19-2016 | 09:41 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

Swapping to a softail from a sporty has its ups and downs. I really liked my nightster and I traded it in on what I thought was my dream bike. What I can say about softail is they can be changed to look anyway you want. Right now my night train looks like a bobber but I am in the process of changing it up to more comfort. There are days I miss the fun snappy ride of the sporty but I still don't regret my choice to trade up

Quick Reply: Traded in my sportster 48 for a Fatboy lo