Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music on my Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016 | 08:33 PM
xmen9c
Road Master

I have the Sharks on my RKC.

Gotta say, for what these cost and for ease of install (there's no separate amp to hide from the elements), these are pretty good. Rode around for first time on Saturday and I could hear well enough at 70+ mph with my Freedom Fishtails howling. I also have Uniq Cycles Systems bluetooth controller paired to my phone which makes changing songs and volume adjustments pretty easy. The speakers are heavy and well constructed so far though I haven't gotten them wet... yet...

Only issue I find with this system is if you don't install it correctly with your electronics it can stay on and drain the battery. I worked around that by installing it directly to the accessory switch under my seat so when the bikes off, they're off. Softails might not have this option or if you've got something else using the accessory switch then you'll need to remember to shut it off or splice into ignition/accessory wiring to ensure it doesn't stay on. I am also considering it for my Deluxe as well even though I would face this dilemma on that bike as my accessory switch is in use already. I really like them mostly because of the built in amp. THat seems to be the main concern when trying to decide what speakers to go with.

The style of the speakers compliments my RKC as well with a vintage look to them. Overall. it could be louder but its a motorcycle without a fairing so there's many other noises that compete for your ears and I think for the price you can hear them well enough to enjoy them.

Last edited by xmen9c; 03-13-2016 at 08:36 PM.