Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a loud horn.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:24 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by hspring03
Howard's on my sidecar bike.

That is what I ordered for my crossbones. That bike looks so freaking good.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Don't pay too much attention to advertised decibel readings. They can be all over the place, depending on the environment, which way the horn is facing, and how far the decibel meter is from the horn.

The Wolo Bad Boy has been working well for me. Available in a chrome finish if you prefer that. Around 40 bucks.
Just as long as I can get someone's attention. Lol.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:59 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had the Howard's on my Fatboy for years. They work.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Just as long as I can get someone's attention. Lol.
I had my horn tested with a dB meter. It produced 126dB at six feet directly in front of the trumpets. It is LOUD and gets people's attention.

If you want more attention than that, ride naked. Trust me, everyone will see you.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:12 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
I had my horn tested with a dB meter. It produced 126dB at six feet directly in front of the trumpets. It is LOUD and gets people's attention.

If you want more attention than that, ride naked. Trust me, everyone will see you.

I ordered a Howard's horn today. I read some good reviews. Which one do you have?

Old 02-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Let's do a little comparison at Kamp.

I think you'll find my Stebel to be the loudest. Not the prettiest perhaps. But the cheapest, $50 or so on eBay.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Whoops I see you already bought the Howards. It looks a lot better for sure.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
... Which one do you have?
Mine was made by a company called Metal Arts. It was owned by a low life named Les Brown. He would take your money and never ship out his products. It's sad because his horns are very well made. Essentially he makes custom covers and trumpets for Wolo compressors.

After purchasing the horn I waited 2 months before calling my credit card company and getting the funds back. There wasn't any other air horn with dual trumpets I liked. I waited 1.5 years and stumbled upon the website, http://www.kromekandy.com/. They had the horn I purchased directly through Metal Arts. I picked it up immediately and had it in hand in a few days.

This was the horn
Amazon.com: Retro MOTORCYCLE AIR HORN, Dual Trumpet: Automotive Amazon.com: Retro MOTORCYCLE AIR HORN, Dual Trumpet: Automotive

My horn is not available anymore and Metal Arts no longer exists.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

I always wanted to put a Panhead Trumpet horn on my bike - just the trumpet, keeping my loud Stebel. I thought the round cover would cover the Stebel but it's a little small, I could use a replica air cleaner which would work.

V-Twin makes replicas but they are for the Evo. I imagine I could adapt it for my twin cam.

You'll see one at Kamp Ben, Hrdtail has one.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:50 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I always wanted to put a Panhead Trumpet horn on my bike - just the trumpet, keeping my loud Stebel. I thought the round cover would cover the Stebel but it's a little small, I could use a replica air cleaner which would work.

V-Twin makes replicas but they are for the Evo. I imagine I could adapt it for my twin cam.

You'll see one at Kamp Ben, Hrdtail has one.

That does look good.

Mine was made by a company called Metal Arts. It was owned by a low life named Les Brown. He would take your money and never ship out his products. It's sad because his horns are very well made. Essentially he makes custom covers and trumpets for Wolo compressors.

After purchasing the horn I waited 2 months before calling my credit card company and getting the funds back. There wasn't any other air horn with dual trumpets I liked. I waited 1.5 years and stumbled upon the website, http://www.kromekandy.com/. They had the horn I purchased directly through Metal Arts. I picked it up immediately and had it in hand in a few days.

This was the horn Amazon.com: Retro MOTORCYCLE AIR HORN, Dual Trumpet: Automotive

My horn is not available anymore and Metal Arts no longer exists.
Shame, too. That looks amazing. I'm glad you were able to get one.

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Let's do a little comparison at Kamp.

I think you'll find my Stebel to be the loudest. Not the prettiest perhaps. But the cheapest, $50 or so on eBay.

Steibel Air Horn on my Harley Heritage Springer - YouTube
Looks like a horn showdown looming large. Lol. I don't think they come n black, Joe, maybe for my heritage springer, though.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 02-20-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a loud horn.....