Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RECALL

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 08:34 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Default RE: RECALL

Thanks for the pics Citoriplus. I hope that the new battery caddy doesn't raise the battery, or my Mustang seat will not fit right. If you think yours is sitting higher than before, you might want to check to see if the dealerput your battery back in correctly. Thanks again.

DJK

Old 05-17-2007 | 11:09 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace

Well I looked at it again this morning and there is a rubber block on the bottom of the seat pan that sits on the top of the battery, to hold it down I guess. Given that I suspect that the seat would not fit properly if the battery wasn'tcompletely in.

DJK,
If your Mustang seat sits flush with the top of the frame rails, I suspect your going to have a problem. But I doubt that it does because there are other things under there that have not been moved but stick up above that level.

Here's another pic of it from the right side andyou can clearly see that the back edge of the battery is well above the level of the frame tubes, about 3/4".
For example, I don't believe that themain fuse blockbehind the battery has been moved and it actually sticks up afractionhigher than the battery.

It may be that the battery just 'appears' to be raised because there seems to be moreroom around the front of the battery. But I can't definatively say it is because I don't have a 'before' picture of it to compare it to.

Can somebodypull their seat off and get a couple of shots from the same angle? Or put a ruller across the top of the battery and measure how far above the tubes the backedge of the battery is?

If we can get another set of pics or measurments to compare mine too we could make a better determination of exactly what's different.

I'll pull thebattery out if its necessary to see what's under it, but its a RPITA to get out and because of that Iwould prefernot to unless its really necessary.

Old 05-17-2007 | 12:07 PM
flyboy9994
Tourer

Hey Citori

Don't bother pulling your battery. Mine is still untouched and I'll get some pics up in a day or two. Just give me some time as work is "H E double L" right now... [:@]

My fix is scheduled for Tuesday a.m. and I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!! I absolutely despise dealer service departments. They already told me it would most likely take a couple of hours... Jeeezzz!!! I sure wish I could get the repair kit and just do this myself.

Later

Old 05-17-2007 | 12:37 PM
jf
Tourer

If it does push the fuse block further up this could cause me a problem because to fit the V&H fuelpakI hadto push it down flush with the frame. looks like there might not be enough room for everything to fit

Old 05-17-2007 | 08:04 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master

flyboy

I sure wish I could get the repair kit and just do this myself.
Thats just what I'm going to do. The kit will be available sooner or later, so I'll just wait.

Thanks for the great pics citoriplus.

Old 05-17-2007 | 08:24 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Now my bike looks like it took a bath in one of those mineral bath mud pits. Its going to take at least 3 hours of work to find out if I really do have a black and chrome bike under all thetan colored mud.
I just commented on this on the Softtail photos link.....!!!!

Old 05-17-2007 | 08:30 PM
azmcdude
Cruiser

Yea....I've got the V & H Fuelpak as well......wondering how they will get all this plastic crammed in there......what about the PC III folks......??? Any issues with space and this 'fix'...????

Old 05-17-2007 | 11:05 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace

ORIGINAL: jf

If it does push the fuse block further up this could cause me a problem because to fit the V&H fuelpakI hadto push it down flush with the frame. looks like there might not be enough room for everything to fit
ORIGINAL: azmcdude

Yea....I've got the V & H Fuelpak as well......wondering how they will get all this plastic crammed in there......what about the PC III folks......??? Any issues with space and this 'fix'...????
Good question, its something I hadn't considered. If it does I can see a lot of guys just using a bit of heavy gauge plastic jammed in front of the positive terminal.
I only have one question, if it only needs a chunk of plastic, whymove so much stuff around? I don't believe that there'sanyanother issue's in that area that we're not aware of.
If I had to guess I suspect that its probably a effort to protect the company from ignorant owners who aren't quite as mechanicly savey as many of us seem to be.

ORIGINAL: Gundog
Thanks for the great pics citoriplus.
Your welcome, glad to help. Besides that's one of the things that makes this place fun.

Old 05-18-2007 | 10:42 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Here is a photo of my '07' FLSTC that does not have the battery caddy installed. Citoriplus, notice the stock plastic piece in front of my battery. I think the only modification theydo with this new battery caddy, is the placement of the plastic shieldthat wraps around thefront and sides of the battery. I had also heard that they reroute the rear O2 sensor wire that runs in front of the battery, and stuck it somewhere else.Since I can't seem to load more thanone pic in this post, I have included 2 moreinposts below.

DJK

[IMG]local://upfiles/19578/310785920E8A46B89533823C319A5A64.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2007 | 10:50 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

A side view of the battery. Citoriplus, it looks about the same as yours. I think we are just about to run this battery caddy B.S. into the ground, ifwe haven'talready.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19578/ABDCBDAC48544F7EB415F5044A2A1A78.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: RECALL