Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes for a Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 01:55 AM
ccmoran
|
Intermediate
Default Apes for a Deuce

Does anybody have some photo's of a Deuce with Ape's installed. I am thinking about a set of 16" or 18" Apes and I would like to see some photos.

Old 05-11-2007 | 09:26 AM
WaterHog
Road Captain
Default RE: Apes for a Deuce

Im also courious to see photos, but, good luck finding one, cause I dont think I have ever seen a Deuces with apes. It should look great (i think)

Old 05-11-2007 | 09:54 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

CC - Nice to see you back man - where you been? Here is a picture of a new Deuce owner (Scorp58) - there have been a couple others on here as well - personally not for me, the Deuce lines favor the sleeker look of a Drag Bar style setup (like that sweet ride of yours) IMHO but too each his own, if ya like 'em get 'em thats how I look at it.

Once again, welcome back.

Old 05-13-2007 | 12:23 AM
ccmoran
|
Intermediate

voodoo93

Thanks for the welcome back to the forum. Since I am in the military and never really know where I will end up, thanks to the war on terrorism[sm=patriot.gif].

I will never forget where to find the HD information that I need. Tell me what you think, how about a set of 16” apes with a 1.5” diameter bar with a set of fat riser’s, kind of like the riser that is on a screaming eagle Springer.

Old 05-13-2007 | 01:04 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

To each his own, and I love apes, but IMHO they just don't fit the Deuce. The Deuce is a pro-street style bike.

Old 05-13-2007 | 07:25 AM
blueduece
Road Captain

IMHO.....apes do not fit with the lines of a Deuce but, everyone has a right to customize the way they want. Its your bike, go with what you like!!!!

Old 05-13-2007 | 12:17 PM
pro1955
Road Captain

I think if you like em, do it. I have a buddy that put a set on his Softail. Cost him 1k at HD with risers, cables, ect. On long rides he complained his hands would fall a sleep, took em off went back to stock bars.

Old 05-13-2007 | 01:08 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member

If it is the positioning of the stock bars perhaps you can consider the pullbacks that Harley has specifically for the Deuce. Brings grips back about 1 1/2" and thay are chrome. If it is appearance only, these look like the stock bars. It is your bike of course and you should do whatever you like, after all that is why it seems like there are no stock bikes after 6 months anyway. But, put me in the no apehangar column. John

Old 05-13-2007 | 09:49 PM
TylerDurden
Advanced

Agree with apes onb a duece, it just doesnt look right.

One of the best mods i did, however was swap the stock deucebars and put on a set of kurakyn t bars with 4 inch risers. It kept the "flow" of the bike and made it ride much more like a dirt bike than before.

Does that make sense to anyone???

Old 05-14-2007 | 12:36 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

CC - You asked what I think - sorry friend but I am not a fan of apes on the Deuce, just got back from Myrtle a few hours ago and I will say that I saw 2 or 3 Deuces up there with Apes... didn't look bad, just not for me.

BTW - I have said it before but thanks for your service!!

ORIGINAL: ccmoran

voodoo93

Thanks for the welcome back to the forum. Since I am in the military and never really know where I will end up, thanks to the war on terrorism[sm=patriot.gif].

I will never forget where to find the HD information that I need. Tell me what you think, how about a set of 16” apes with a 1.5” diameter bar with a set of fat riser’s, kind of like the riser that is on a screaming eagle Springer.

Quick Reply: Apes for a Deuce