Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seats on softails?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts
Default seats on softails?

I currently bike shopping, think I found a dealer I like and its time to move from the Sportster. Anyway after riding a Dyna Street Bob (that thing vibrates worse than a Sporty), Im sure I want a Softail now. I love the Deluxe but not sure how it would be on a long ride? I really like the custom but hate the 2 up seat (I ride solo) but like the motor finish and extra chrome. I was thinking of a Standard based on price and just adding parts to it. The actual question here is if I were to get the Custom could I put on a Standard seat or a solo seat with no sissy bar?

Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: seats on softails?

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. If you can't, I would have learned something as well. Maybe someone else knows something I don't. But I would think you would be able to change the seat on it without any problems. It would be pretty dumb for Harley to make a bike that you couldn't change the seat on.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:08 PM
aliandray
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I am saving for an FXSTC currently and have done some research. There is no problem in fitting a solo. In fact if you go to the HD main website and click down through "motorcyle accessories" to the "customiser" you can view a brawler on an FXSTC - looks OK. LePera also do solos plus many others.

Try this link http://customizer.harley-davidson.co...bmLocale=en_US

Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

The deluxe seat is very good, lotsof peoplein my chapter ride long ways no problem, the passenger pilon comes right off w/ 1 bolt, so that shouldnt be a problem

Old 05-10-2007, 06:41 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There are also plenty of solo and two-up aftermarket seat options if you decide you don't care for the stock setup.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:06 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

HD Brawler on Softail Standard = excellent combo (IMHO!!)

Old 05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've put 35K on my Deluxe in 2 1/2 years with a couple of 3000 mile trips. I usually make these trips with all the Geezer Glides. I have been using the Mustang solo seat for 30K miles and have found the backrest and seat to work out great.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:44 PM
T Rat
Tourer

The stock Deluxe seat was too comfy for me and I fell asleep four times with only two accidents....
...Just kidding. Stock seat is very plush.

I did change the seat though...
...see sig.

[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lightngsvt

I currently bike shopping, think I found a dealer I like and its time to move from the Sportster. Anyway after riding a Dyna Street Bob (that thing vibrates worse than a Sporty), Im sure I want a Softail now. I love the Deluxe but not sure how it would be on a long ride? I really like the custom but hate the 2 up seat (I ride solo) but like the motor finish and extra chrome. I was thinking of a Standard based on price and just adding parts to it. The actual question here is if I were to get the Custom could I put on a Standard seat or a solo seat with no sissy bar?
I thought I wanted a Dyna too until I tried a Softail. I think all parts (stock & aftermarket)on the Standard, NT, & Custom are interchangeable.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:25 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had an '05 Sporty & hated the stock seat, got a Lepera seat which was an improvement, but it still there was not enough backsupport & was so narrow. I now have an '07 Deuce, & man, what a difference. Great back support, nice wide seat, & that 96B engine is smoooth-go for the Softail!

Quick Reply: seats on softails?