Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seat (bicycle style seat) mounted to frame

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:55 PM
vinnib
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo seat (bicycle style seat) mounted to frame

I would like to have the lowest possible seat for my 2015 Deluxe. So here's my thought...
I am considering mounting a high back solo seat directly to the frame. I believe this would look pretty bad ***. If anyone has tried or accomplished this, would you mind sharing your procedure and results?

Old 02-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

got a picture of the seat in mind?

Old 02-01-2016, 11:07 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

Inked is in the process of doing a build where his seat is hard mounted to the frame. It looks bad ***. I have a slim spring seat on springs and I have to say that picking your seat is important cause I have drastically reduced the comfort on my bike. Not to mention it is a lot easier to hit a bump and pop off the seat. I have landed on my fender before and it was not fun.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by stal94gt
Inked is in the process of doing a build where his seat is hard mounted to the frame. It looks bad ***. I have a slim spring seat on springs and I have to say that picking your seat is important cause I have drastically reduced the comfort on my bike. Not to mention it is a lot easier to hit a bump and pop off the seat. I have landed on my fender before and it was not fun.
i used to put different seats on my bikes for different looks but as i grow older i have come to learn that looks does not trump comfort.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:20 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

I don't think inked will mind me posting a pic of his bike. As for my tiny seat it is coming off and my bike will be getting another makeover so it can be built for comfort and distance. I moved to Illinois and the roads here suck real bad. I bounce off my seat every time I ride

Old 02-01-2016, 11:28 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Just get a LePera bare bones with no insert. It's basically vinyl on the frame... Let us know how you do after the first 50 miles.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:21 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by hspring03
Just get a LePera bare bones with no insert. It's basically vinyl on the frame... Let us know how you do after the first 50 miles.
This is truly your best option. There is no readily available, manufactured seat that will sit you lower than the bare bones.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

My buddy has one and fancies himself a bad a$$ biker but he complains about that seat anytime we ride more than 20 miles...lol

Does look good on a wide glide Evo with apes.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:17 PM
vinnib
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone. I really like the look of the Bare Bones, however I didn't care for the comfort of the last LePera seat I owned. I am partial to Saddlemen seats, but they don't make what I would consider a low solo for the SD.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:28 PM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Been there done that , sold the seat

Quick Reply: Solo seat (bicycle style seat) mounted to frame