Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear tire off center on my 2015 Breakout.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016 | 01:56 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
I have a rocker, the breakouts older brother...I think if you folks check your manuals they are engineered to be offset a hair. I have had mine since 09, never changed anything and never had a problem.
It might not like being changed...if it was designed that way...to keep things lined up.
Ride safe.
Just curious if your Rocker wheel is also off to the right like mine?? or I guess I should say is the fender off to the left, (since I think the wheel is probably in the right place)..and if so how much??

Last edited by Rocker B; 01-29-2016 at 03:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2016 | 01:57 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

If you haven't looked at a new bike on the floor at a dealership & took measurements, I suggest you do it. I wouldn't just start removing material off the spacers until you do some checking. Please get back & tell us what you find out. Good luck

Old 01-29-2016 | 02:49 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member

If the wheel was off center to the left wouldn't that result in slightly easier turning to the right? Did anyone sense this? I sometimes have the impression that it takes less effort leaning the bike into a right turn....but maybe it's just my preferred side

Old 01-29-2016 | 07:55 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
We're just assuming the wheel is crooked- it could be the fender or strut that is slightly off. would need to measure wheel hub distance to swingarm on each side of wheel to be more sure.

if you shave the right side wheel axle spacer 1/16", and do not add 1/16" to the left wheel axle spacer, all it will do is compress the swingarm together 1/16" closer together when you tighten the axle bolt. the wheel pulley mounts to the wheel hub directly and does not touch the left axle spacer, it floats over / around it. that is why you can add offset spacers to pulleys if you have a belt rub problem when going to wider tires, without needing to touch the actual spacers on the axle.
thats what i said a page ago, but don't listen to the fatboy owner, sheesh, lol

Old 01-29-2016 | 02:55 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry Freak- I must have missed that. ;p

Old 01-29-2016 | 02:58 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

just here for the entertainment bro, lol

Old 01-31-2016 | 12:54 PM
sincitychoppa
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
We're just assuming the wheel is crooked- it could be the fender or strut that is slightly off. would need to measure wheel hub distance to swingarm on each side of wheel to be more sure.

if you shave the right side wheel axle spacer 1/16", and do not add 1/16" to the left wheel axle spacer, all it will do is compress the swingarm together 1/16" closer together when you tighten the axle bolt. the wheel pulley mounts to the wheel hub directly and does not touch the left axle spacer, it floats over / around it. that is why you can add offset spacers to pulleys if you have a belt rub problem when going to wider tires, without needing to touch the actual spacers on the axle.
I just went on a 100 mile ride yesterday through the desert and mountains. The wear a striped the forms in the middle of a tire from Road where, is not dead centered, it is more to the left hand side of the tire. If the tire is offset to the left it would make sense you would have them be in the bike a small bit as the bike would pull to the right in that situation. I am going to measure the swingarm tonight as that is a good point.

Old 01-31-2016 | 01:07 PM
cobalt07
Road Master

New Heritage is 7/16 inch closer to the right fender. I removed the bags when I got it. Thinking that the lower braces when tightened held it centered because it was not like that in the showroom.

Old 01-31-2016 | 11:15 PM
sincitychoppa
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cobalt07
New Heritage is 7/16 inch closer to the right fender. I removed the bags when I got it. Thinking that the lower braces when tightened held it centered because it was not like that in the showroom.
And was it the braces?

Old 02-01-2016 | 07:12 AM
cobalt07
Road Master

Sincity, don't know. Took bags off and stored it last week.

Quick Reply: Rear tire off center on my 2015 Breakout.....