Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 cvo breakout

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016 | 12:13 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Pro Street was a term commonly used in the 90's during the bike building craze.

Old 01-28-2016 | 01:37 AM
rbeamj
Tourer

Well now to see a parts list to see if chrome forks and such will be available. Then we can upgrade to dial disc brakes on other softails

Old 01-28-2016 | 02:00 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member

I think the only true improvement is the dual rotor brake. The rest like headlight cover, chin spoiler, fork etc. for my taste is like fishing in the sports bike pond....Not really the true softail character, JMO.

It's nice as it is and I appreciate the MoCo trying something different though. Just not my style....

I just checked the specs...the new CVO only has a 19'' front wheel...

Last edited by EagleRay; 01-28-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2016 | 06:29 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

I like it in white. BUT, everything looks good in white.

Old 01-28-2016 | 07:44 AM
DOCGSS
Advanced
Default Black-satin chrome

Originally Posted by tcarson84
love the idea of dual disc breaks and like the headlight but not a big fan of how its blacked out for that much money should be covered in chrome like previous cvo breakout or at least an option.
Actually it looks like HD is using a new Black Satin Chrome process in this CVO. Some other threads in many forums have been talking about Scotchbriting tehir chrome to try to attain this look. My guess is that this bike will look amazing in person and start a new cruiser segment. A Cafe Performance Cruiser.

Old 01-28-2016 | 07:47 AM
xmen9c
Road Master

wow... can't we all just get along?...

Anyway, it has its pluses and minuses just like all Harleys do. I like the satin finishes and have been waiting for them to bring more of that to a model since they came out with satin hand grips and other satin catalog parts a few years ago.

The Breakout is not my kind of bike (I like the more traditional/classic looking Harley style) but, I can see why people dig them and this is another way for someone considering a Breakout but wanting the larger motor to get what they wanted. They do look sexy when lowered in back with a SS and different handlebars though...

The new front end and better braking system is cool. Oh yeah, I like it in white too!

If the MoCo is able to bring new models out mid-year then they must've done their research and know they stand to make a profit in doing so which is better for all of us who support them with our band loyalty. I wish they would come out with some more custom color options mid-year like they used to about 7-10 years ago too.

Last edited by xmen9c; 01-28-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2016 | 07:51 AM
DOCGSS
Advanced
Default Triumphs

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
Wow! That has to be the ugliest softail I have ever seen imo but I'm not in the market for a new HD. The new Triumph t120 Bonneville is a real cafe and with all the upgrades like ABS, traction control, rain mode, bigger engine, and liquid cooling it has gone from a really cool bike to amazing one. I'm not sure what HD is doing nowadays but the rest of the motorcycle are producing some amazing motorcycle.
Triumphs are wonderful bikes. However, althought the 2016 Bonnes are great new bikes, especially the Thruxton R no one who prefers a Harley, wants all of their weight on their wrists and rear set pegs riding a relatively small bike. The triumphs that are really comparable are the Thunderbirds which are also great bikes. But even with all of the Triumph historic cache, their sales are miniscule compared to HD. They just are different bikes.

Actually I own both a 2014 RK CVO and a 2012 Triumph and enoy them both. I have owned 11 HDs and most other brands here and there. I always enjoy my HD (except during the AMF Era). I always miss my Harley everytime I sell it. I only think I miss my old 74 Norton 850 Commando until I remember what is was like to actually have to ride it!

Last edited by DOCGSS; 01-28-2016 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Add comments
Old 01-28-2016 | 07:55 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior

$10K more than the market they're targeting can afford!

Old 01-28-2016 | 09:30 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't see this as a café bike at all - to me, it's a drag style. No real café bike can have forwards and those bars, you'd need drop bars and more of a fairing for a café bike, IMO.

And I thought the price was out of line, until I started looking at it - hell, if you get a stock Breakout with the color option, then build it up with some nice wheels, AC, pipes, etc. you can get to $22-23K pretty easily. The CVO adds TBW and cruise, the 110, cool paint (I think), the SE goodies, dual disks, inverted forks...whether that's worth another $4K is gonna depend on the buyer. I'd be all over it at $24-25K if I was in the market, but at $27-28, not so much.

Still a nice looking bike and it shows that HD is at least trying. I'd be happy if it showed up in my driveway tomorrow morning.

Old 01-28-2016 | 11:33 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

want. those. forks.

Quick Reply: 2016 cvo breakout