Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Tachometer INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007 | 08:33 PM
Badpig521
|
Cruiser
Default 2007 Tachometer INSTALL

Has anyone bought the Tach from http://www.harleytachometers.com/?

I was thinking of getting one, but I wanted to see if anyone had any problems installing it or if it's worth it?

OK, Has anyone installed a Tach on an 07?

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:32 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Default RE: Tachometer

I was hoping someone would respond in this badpig.... as I was interested in these also.... wondered how easy or hard they were to wire up.

did you get one? or are you trying one?

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:34 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Also, If I recall I looked at these thru J&P a few months back. They were selling them (might have been just the colored background ones) for like 67 dollars. I believe these were the same ones but not 100%.

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:57 PM
Badpig521
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lionsqrne

I was hoping someone would respond in this badpig.... as I was interested in these also.... wondered how easy or hard they were to wire up.

did you get one? or are you trying one?
Its funny you asked. I did order one but i was just called about it. He said that the installation on an 07 was difficult and wondered if I wasinstalling it. I told him I would install it myself. He said there was something different about the coil and they have not tested it, "but it can be done". Real nice guy and Im glad they at least called me about it to make sure. Good customer service. I told him to cancel the order on it till I could find out more. He said he would research it and call me back. The one I wanted is on back order anyway.

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:57 PM
mberryhill69
Intermediate

someone? anyone? Im interested also....

Old 05-10-2007 | 07:46 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior

Yes, I bought the H-D speedo/tach color-changing combo instrument last year and installed it myself. However, I was told at the time that no speedometer or tach made for '06 or earlier models will work on the '07 and if you check the Harley paper or online catalog, you'll find that the speedos/tachs made for the '07s are listed separately and listed for 2007 models only. I don't know what the difference(s) is, but obviously there is a major difference.

Regarding the tach you're looking at working on your bike, if some vendor tells you "it can be done," before I ordered one I'd insist on '07 specific directions and a guarantee you could send it back if it doesn't work because it very likely will not.

Old 05-10-2007 | 09:35 AM
Badpig521
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: XTrooper3936

Yes, I bought the H-D speedo/tach color-changing combo instrument last year and installed it myself. However, I was told at the time that no speedometer or tach made for '06 or earlier models will work on the '07 and if you check the Harley paper or online catalog, you'll find that the speedos/tachs made for the '07s are listed separately and listed for 2007 models only. I don't know what the difference(s) is, but obviously there is a major difference.

Regarding the tach you're looking at working on your bike, if some vendor tells you "it can be done," before I ordered one I'd insist on '07 specific directions and a guarantee you could send it back if it doesn't work because it very likely will not.
Thanks Trooper for your input. Nice combo BTW, it looks real good. I asked the guy about instructions and they have nothing for it. Im sure it can be done; however, with my ability and lack of patience, it will probably not be worth it. HE told me he would call me when they get more info.

Old 05-10-2007 | 10:04 AM
Crusher
Road Master
Default RE: 2007 Tachometer INSTALL

ORIGINAL: Badpig521

Has anyone bought the Tach from http://www.harleytachometers.com/?
I bought one for my 07 Deuce. Called them when I got it about the new coil and they were unaware of it. They were out of stock on the tachs and didn't expect any in until the middle of May. I sent them mine back so they could use it for R&D on the 2007's. That was several weeks ago and haven't heard from them. Nice people to work with. Hope they get it straightened out cause I really like their tach.

BTW....I was one of theearly members of The "OCEAN 11" chapter of the Blue Knights located in Ocean County NJ.

Old 05-10-2007 | 04:56 PM
philgrocks
Cruiser

How does it look at night?

Phil

Old 05-10-2007 | 06:52 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Badpig521

ORIGINAL: XTrooper3936

Thanks Trooper for your input. Nice combo BTW, it looks real good. I asked the guy about instructions and they have nothing for it. Im sure it can be done; however, with my ability and lack of patience, it will probably not be worth it. HE told me he would call me when they get more info.
You're welcome and thanks for the compliment! BTW, I'm a member of the Blue Knights PA VI.

philgrocks: If you're question was for me, I think it looks great at night. There are 200+ possible color combos and I have it adjusted so that it matches the blue of my bike very well.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tachometer INSTALL