Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 06:32 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There definitely appears to be a division amongst fans of the stretched fender. I prefer the ones which tend to come back down at an angle; maybe not as shallow as the end of the stocker, but definitely a "tail". Even better if it's got a little bit of flare to it as well (wider at the bottom). The ones which wrap around remind me of a dog with its tail between its legs. You're obviously in the other camp.

Either way, it's a nice job. Well done.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:51 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kinect
Here's my contribution to this thread although my bike is a 2015 Fatboy.

I measured 9.5 inches from tip of the rear fender to in between the 3 holes of the license plate mount and the tail light. I then measured 10 inches from that same point to the middle of the donor fender for the extension and I still have 4 inches clearance from the ground. I asked my guy to cover the tail light hole and that license plate holes. My bike is lowered 1.5 inches using lowering collars but I plan to get shotgun shock later when I have the funds. I temporarily mount my license plate on the left passenger peg while waiting for the Kuryakyn vertical side mount. I have the $35 dollar axle mount but I cant figure out how to mount it on the peg. IL do it later and compare the kuryakyn one. My fatboy has the stock bullet turnsignals with CD dynamic clusters amber/red. Some pics.

Side by side
That looms damn good. What bullets did you use? Those are LED also?

Old 01-21-2016, 12:56 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by peg20
There definitely appears to be a division amongst fans of the stretched fender. The ones which wrap around remind me of a dog with its tail between its legs.

Either way, it's a nice job. Well done.
don't be upset for choppin up your post. What I'm trying to do is put a bit more emphasis on these three particular paragraphs as they are the one that really define your opinion. And your opnion. BUT, to use the phrase that a wrap around fender, or the no fender look as for how its known. Does not reflect that of a snivvering dog. Not in my opinion.
Stealth is more like it (;

Old 01-21-2016, 05:12 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryD
That looms damn good. What bullets did you use? Those are LED also?

Those bullets are stockers with custom dynamics LEDs. They're stock 1156 socket but I purchased the dynamic clusters wherein there are extra 2 wires that you need to tap to running and brake light wires, it's pretty simple actually.

I don't have a better picture right now of the rear fender but that definitely does not wrapped around the fender to look like a dog's tail. The tip flares out so very slightly and it's level to the bottom of the cholos. It's one of those details that I was very meticulous... it may have that illusion but if you examine closely you'll be very wrong. I will probably put a kuryakyn rear fender trim to give it justice since im yet to install the front heritage fender with trims.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:00 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kinect
Those bullets are stockers with custom dynamics LEDs. They're stock 1156 socket but I purchased the dynamic clusters wherein there are extra 2 wires that you need to tap to running and brake light wires, it's pretty simple actually.

I don't have a better picture right now of the rear fender but that definitely does not wrapped around the fender to look like a dog's tail. The tip flares out so very slightly and it's level to the bottom of the cholos. It's one of those details that I was very meticulous... it may have that illusion but if you examine closely you'll be very wrong. I will probably put a kuryakyn rear fender trim to give it justice since im yet to install the front heritage fender with trims.
Thanks bro. I'm trying to figure out where to find some Bullet style to put on the Strut of my deluxe, but i want them to match the visor style trim rings like on the front.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:11 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryD
Thanks bro. I'm trying to figure out where to find some Bullet style to put on the Strut of my deluxe, but i want them to match the visor style trim rings like on the front.

Man, I think eBay is your friend. Im changing my smoke-lens with frenched trim rings. I have those already but haven't installed them yet. Just look for any deuce-style bullet turn signals I think those cost around $24. Im not sure if you can relocate your stockers to the struts but possible I guess since HD sells the relocation kit when installing the sissy bars. Good luck. I still have a long way to go as far as mods compared to yours.