Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 04:05 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kizzletruck
I did a build on a 2012 Deluxe last winter, checked around with all of the aftermarket stretched fenders.. Didn't really like what I saw. Also looked around on the site here, but most of the people that I tried to contact either never got back to me or wanted a good sum of money - not saying they don't deserve it because there are some AWESOME fabbers here! I just wanted to get by on a budget as best I could, so I contacted my buddy who owns a steel fab shop and in a few hours him and I both got it done. I started a thread on it here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...er-thread.html

Here are a couple pictures of before and after:

Much obliged

Old 11-16-2015, 04:31 PM
LITROS
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice job.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:33 PM
fame2
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryD
Whats up FELLAS. Damn its good to be back on the Soft tail (Good) side.

So, haven't been on here in a while.

Got a question. Looking at getting a '15 Deluxe CVO, and I want to do this one up like no other. Many of you know who I am and some of the bikes that I have done in the past. Well this one is going to be my Sistine Chapel.

So, I know that Fireman (Member on here) did some of the extended rear fenders, but I haven't seen him on here in a long time. And I don't want to go with the Klock werks rear, I want extended all the way. So, anybody knows who does a good job on Rear fenders?
just a thought man...wont hurt to check it out
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ar-fender.html

Old 11-20-2015, 11:47 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Hell yeah, thanks Fame. Appreciate the help. Gonna check that fella out

Old 11-20-2015, 11:51 PM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 229 Posts

Im nearly finished stretching a rear fender for my Deluxe.

Here's a link to the thread about it:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...r-stretch.html

Old 11-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ntsane
CountryD
I have done a few of these fenders now, and suggest you pick up a used fender or two for your project. I hear ya on the klockworks fender kicking to far. I can say that you will want to be building your fender, and have the bike sitting close by so you can test fit, checking for fit and the look you want. It can make a huge difference if the fender is either to far out, or in. The final look is important to get right!

The last one I did using two fenders I had laying around ended up being fairly simple to build. After you do the cutting and fitting, even if you don't weld, you can pop rivet the halfs together then go visit your body man for final welding. You should find a thread here of the last fender I did. I used the front half from a Heritage, and the back from a FX. This only required the halfs to be trimed, then welded. 2-parts, one weld..

Good luck
Here is a link to 8ntsane's thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...questions.html

The concept is simple, cut the fender and either add a section in or use the tail off of a donor fender. The execution however can be the challenge. The devil is in the details, there is a lot going on as far as lines and curves and the way they all work together.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:02 AM
RSmokos
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2008 Deluxe...what donor fenders (year and model) fit for the splice into the stock fender? This will be my winter project.

Thanks,
robc

Old 01-20-2016, 09:44 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

OK, so I'm about to take the fender to a guy and he is gonna do a 5 inch stretch. I'm wanting to get rid of the tombstone and relocate everything with bullet signals on the strut. Is kuryakyn the only company that makes those? I also want them smoked to match the fronts.

Please post pics if you have this style.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:49 AM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's my contribution to this thread although my bike is a 2015 Fatboy.

I measured 9.5 inches from tip of the rear fender to in between the 3 holes of the license plate mount and the tail light. I then measured 10 inches from that same point to the middle of the donor fender for the extension and I still have 4 inches clearance from the ground. I asked my guy to cover the tail light hole and that license plate holes. My bike is lowered 1.5 inches using lowering collars but I plan to get shotgun shock later when I have the funds. I temporarily mount my license plate on the left passenger peg while waiting for the Kuryakyn vertical side mount. I have the $35 dollar axle mount but I cant figure out how to mount it on the peg. IL do it later and compare the kuryakyn one. My fatboy has the stock bullet turnsignals with CD dynamic clusters amber/red. Some pics.

Side by side

Last edited by kinect; 01-21-2016 at 01:50 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-21-2016, 03:01 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Thats exactly what I would do to mine. Love them when they wrap around with no talil

Quick Reply: Extended Rear Fender