Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stretch Fender

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stretch Fender

Can you folks recommend anyone to stretch rear fender (also french in plate)?

Trying to find someone who knows what they are doing but won't cost arm and leg. I am in VA but willing to mail it.

Recently got in a not so pleasant deal with small shop in Poquoson Va (I am in another part of VA)....I do take some of the credit but he did say afterwards that he didn't think it looked right when he sent it out originally....I and he agreed to a little more cost to change it...(after waiting a year to redo it ---they will not do it now...not enough time in day cause of new contract...sent it back as is) ended up with a fender that is useless....They have moved on to bigger and better things with a private contract with a overseas company....Can't blame anyone for not wanting to do better but shouldn't leave old customers swinging in the wind...guess word means nothing these days......so starting over. Thought about buying one of the stretched KlockWerks fenders but not totally crazy about the way it kicks out at the bottom. Help a brother out.

Anyone have some trustworthy and fair price contacts out there???

Old 10-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Beaucoup threads about this in the forum. Most of em did it themselves but there is input where to have it fabbed.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Default Stretched Fender

Yeah I am seeing alot who did it themselves...hopefully some may have some good advice on it.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Klock Werks, a few others out there. Try using the forum front page and search 'stretched fenders', may be a lot of reading until you find what you're looking for.
Good luk, post your pics when you're done, brother. I for one would be interested in the finale...cheers

Old 10-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

i think you just got good advice from Tampa

Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I have better advice for you. I chased this dragon all of last year with a local shop so I think I have some input that would be valuable to you.

First, the Klock Werks fender doesn't look right when mounted up. From the side, there is too much of the tire showing and it looks silly. The fender is great quality, but the lines are garbage. I went a couple rounds with a "local shop" last year trying to get this right. They started with a Klock Werks fender and it just kept going down hill from there. I had to eat that cost and make them start over with a Deluxe fender. I involved myself with every step of the process and ended up with a fender that I am marginally satisfied with. But, still planning to have more work done to it this winter to make it right.

In my exhaustive search to find someone to make it right I came across this guy: http://www.undergroundchopper.com/Cu...earfender.html

I have spoken to him on the phone and he seemed responsive enough. But I have learned this, if something is going to go wrong or fkt up with anything having to do with this type of $ht it is going to go wrong with mine. So I decided to let somebody local do it. But, If I didn't have that choice I would most likely be sending this guy my fender. Hope this helps.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Forge
Road Captain
Default Fender

Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards trying to do it myself....I haven't done any welding in a very long time and that was stick welding...might be a good excuse to buy a used TIG welder and teach myself...hell that is what youtube is for...

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
I have better advice for you. I chased this dragon all of last year with a local shop so I think I have some input that would be valuable to you.

First, the Klock Werks fender doesn't look right when mounted up. From the side, there is too much of the tire showing and it looks silly. The fender is great quality, but the lines are garbage. I went a couple rounds with a "local shop" last year trying to get this right. They started with a Klock Werks fender and it just kept going down hill from there. I had to eat that cost and make them start over with a Deluxe fender. I involved myself with every step of the process and ended up with a fender that I am marginally satisfied with. But, still planning to have more work done to it this winter to make it right.

In my exhaustive search to find someone to make it right I came across this guy: http://www.undergroundchopper.com/Cu...earfender.html

I have spoken to him on the phone and he seemed responsive enough. But I have learned this, if something is going to go wrong or fkt up with anything having to do with this type of $ht it is going to go wrong with mine. So I decided to let somebody local do it. But, If I didn't have that choice I would most likely be sending this guy my fender. Hope this helps.