Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015 | 08:29 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member

"not calling her fat but"

what then big boned?

Just kidding

Old 10-20-2015 | 08:33 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

here is the girl with the tippy toes. not calling her fat but as you can see she's not sitting on the seat to well cause she has to be on her toes to hold the bike up

i'm all for someone getting their dream bike, but not at the risk of safety. My friend has an ultra limited. he asked me to sit on it, i couldn't get my leg over it cause i have a fused lower back. i didn't want to risk dropping it, i said no thanks. i know what i can and can't handle. that salesman should be ashamed of himself. JMO

Originally Posted by langwilliams
"not calling her fat but"

what then big boned?

Just kidding
lol...

Attached Thumbnails What are your thoughts-shorty.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-20-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2015 | 09:42 PM
Santo
Road Warrior

Not only is she on her tippy toes but how is she gonna reach the shifter much less the brake pedal.. Maybe with a lower seat but then it will push her back. Hopefully it belongs to her Husband..

Last edited by Santo; 10-20-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2015 | 10:43 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Same bike as mine, you can't lower it anymore, cuz as it sits, I have ground down my floor boards just by casually riding. Any lower and the fender will rub the rear tire too. The handle bars are not stock either. If she puts on a pair of boots and installed a reduced reach seat, as well as stock bars, it would fit her better.

Last edited by Gommee; 10-20-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-21-2015 | 05:56 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Jerry "Motorman" Palladino teaches tiny women how to ride big bikes all the time. The skills to ride take practice, not height. I've been riding 35 years but I learned some great skills from his videos. Once you figure out the bike goes exactly where you are looking and you start looking where you want to go, frankly the rest is easy.

If I had a small friend (or any friend) I'd suggest they at least buy the dvd's (or even watch his YouTube page) for some great skills on how to ride. Nothing wrong with letting someone know about some training that might save their bacon some day.

Skip to 6 minutes in to see her on the bagger.

Last edited by Joe_G; 10-21-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2015 | 08:28 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Certainly not the ideal situation, but where there is a will there is a way. Even I have to wear logging boots with a 2" heel so I can comfortably touch the ground on my Limited. She will find a way to adjust either her or the bike.

Old 10-21-2015 | 09:24 AM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

I'd say the heel toe would help, but she still needs to put it in neutral. could get an electronic shifter. i'm guessing by now she is figuring things out. she said it was hers and not the hubby. hoping for the best or the people around her.

Old 10-21-2015 | 03:51 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Too much input for something you don't own, just know. The girl will figure out she could order a different seat or get someone to lower the bike. Maybe a friend will step up to the plate and give her some insight. As for the fat comment, way out of line.

Old 10-21-2015 | 08:45 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

i did'nt say she was fat.her thighs were a little thick and she wasn't sitting in the seat, she was ontop of it, just a little to little for the bike. but that's something she's gonna have to figure out on her own.. i know what it's like to be fat. i was once 350, but that was 20 years ago, since then i became a vegetarian and lost 150 pounds in a year...but since them became diabetic and lost a big toe and part of my foot to it. so i look at they safe side of things when having your feet planted on the ground. also here is a picture of my lower back that also helps me in wanting to be safe

Attached Thumbnails What are your thoughts-screws.jpg  
Old 10-21-2015 | 08:57 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

1. She said she had a Sportster, so this is not her first bike, and she's not a beginner.

2. As everyone who's ever sat on a sportbike, or an adventure bike, or a BMW knows, being able to put both feet flat on the ground means absolutely, positively nothing, unless it matters to the rider. It obviously doesn't matter to this rider.

3. What do you do when you see a 17 year old kid on a 180 HP sportbike?

4. "People want what they want, but should they have it?" Who's going to tell them they "can't"? A dealership, any dealership, will sell a motorcycle to a buyer that got his/her endorsement yesterday, whether or not they took a class, whether or not they've ever been on a motorcycle in their lives. Your local HD dealership will happily take that newly endorsed rider's $40k and hand them the fob to a new CVO.

Imnsho, I think she'll do just fine.

Originally Posted by Freak Show
but can someone who is on their tippy toes really handle the weight of the bike when you have to come to a fast stop and have to put your feet down...
When you're making a maximum effort stop, you don't put your "feet" down, ever. You put your left foot down, because your right foot is on the rear brake. Take an advanced rider's course, and you'll not only learn a lot, you'll understand why having both feet on the ground is not important, unless the rider in question feels it's necessary.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 10-21-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts