Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags on a 2010 Fat Boy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015 | 04:17 PM
swing2hard
|
Cruiser
Default Saddlebags on a 2010 Fat Boy Lo

I just purchased my first cruiser & I can't believe I have been missing out on this type of riding as long as I have been riding.

Coming from a sportbike backround cruisers never interested me, but I just purchased my first cruiser a 2010 Fat Boy Lo & I get it now!

Looking for some saddlebags & I was told you have to relocated the turn signals to accommodate bags? is this right?

Appreciate any help you can give me

Thanks!

Old 10-18-2015 | 06:26 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Because this is your first post on HDForums, expect some hesitation from members. That being said, welcome. There are countless saddlebag options for your bike. Plenty do not require relocating the turn signals, many more that do. Relocating the turn signals is such a simple and mundane chore, it should not even be a FACTOR in your choice of saddlebags. There are multiple relocation kits that are simple, and remove the issue. Boss Bags and Leatherpro are you high end saddlebag options. Viking Bags offer great bags at reduced prices. Whats your budget??? Tell us that, and you will get a wealth of responses.

Old 10-18-2015 | 08:10 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Welcome to the forums and congrats on you Fatboy LO. I have a set of Boss Bags on my bike. Each will hold 40 12 oz cans. There is no need to relocate rear signals with Boss bags or Leather Pro bags. As they are made to fit around them.

Old 10-18-2015 | 08:42 PM
swing2hard
|
Cruiser

Thanks for your quick responses, I apologize for not doing an intro first post but I will shortly.

I will look into those bags you mentioned, I know nothing about Harleys but ask me anything about CBR 1000's or any sportbike & I can be of help

I look forward to learning all about these bikes, I can't get enough of riding this bike, with sportbikes it's all about dragging knee & getting everywhere as fast as possible haha, now I just take my time & actually look around while riding, it's enjoyable!

Here's a few pics of the bike I picked up on Friday.

Old 10-19-2015 | 08:52 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Only problem I can see with some bags like the Boss or Leather Pro is that they will not fit with the stock exhaust.

Old 10-19-2015 | 10:05 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain

I did a search and found this thread you might like:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ddle-bags.html

Old 10-19-2015 | 10:09 AM
anyaneeeze
Cruiser

Nice bike you picked up

Old 10-19-2015 | 11:56 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Only problem I can see with some bags like the Boss or Leather Pro is that they will not fit with the stock exhaust.
This is true. I posted the same thing in the OP'S post in the new member section. You can get by with some cheap throw over saddlebags, but they do not have anywhere near the storage capicity.

Old 10-19-2015 | 02:48 PM
greatbikegear
Banned

We're the manufacturer of Easy Brackets, the quick detach saddlebag system.

If you are going with a small to medium bag (less than 14" long), you can get away without relocating the turn signals, using this bracket.

Otherwise, you would relocate with a kit (like this) and go with this longer bracket.

The bags that we offer are a high-quality leather bag from The Leatherworks, Inc. but Easy Brackets will work on only bag. http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...therworks.html

Great looking bike!

Old 10-21-2015 | 09:29 AM
swing2hard
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jetfever
I did a search and found this thread you might like:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ddle-bags.html

Awesome! Thanks!

I appreciate all your suggestions, I can get away with a backpack on a CBR 1000rr but looks a little dumb on a Fat Boy Lo

Quick Reply: Saddlebags on a 2010 Fat Boy Lo