Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Backrest Seat for Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 01:06 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

The tab for the rider's seat came in the mail yesterday, it's almost flat unlike the one that came on the bike. Maybe that's why I had such a tough time with installing my seat. For now I'm not changing it but maybe next time I need to take the seat off I'll switch out the hardware.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

A question for you folks that have the Ultimate seat: Does it change your riding position at all?

Old 10-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 691 Likes on 381 Posts

It may be that it moves you forward slightly but I am not 100% sure. It may just be the backrest. Not very much, anyway. In terms of height, negligible or none.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:52 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

It's hard to say, I don't find myself having to slide forward to get off my tailbone so I'm guessing my position is slightly more forward. I feel a little higher on the Ultimate seat, maybe half an inch but that's good. No regrets at all.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

once you sit in the seat you don't move, because you sit in it and not on it like a lot of others.you are more forward than the stock, but the stock sucks!

Old 10-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlegvzv
It may be that it moves you forward slightly but I am not 100% sure. It may just be the backrest. Not very much, anyway. In terms of height, negligible or none.
Originally Posted by uklauren
It's hard to say, I don't find myself having to slide forward to get off my tailbone so I'm guessing my position is slightly more forward. I feel a little higher on the Ultimate seat, maybe half an inch but that's good. No regrets at all.
Originally Posted by Freak Show
once you sit in the seat you don't move, because you sit in it and not on it like a lot of others.you are more forward than the stock, but the stock sucks!
Thanks for the replies, was actually in their store in Daytona this year and they offer a test ride just didn't have time to take advantage of it. Seem like great people to deal with. I had my stock seat done by Mean City and they moved me back and down a little and I love the seating position (I ride with my feet out on the highway pegs almost all of the time) but the double memory foam kinda gives out after an hour or so, had a local guy add a gel pad to it and that helped but he somehow managed to ruin my stock seat cover and the cover he made for it ended up looking cheap and cheesy. Seat is still good for about an hour to an hour and a half. Picked up a stock seat here on the forum but after being lowered and moved back I don't care for the riding position. Tried a sundowner and it moved me even more forward and up from the original one. Tested out a Corbin when I was in Daytona and it did about the same thing moved me up farther than I cared for. From what you are telling me I don't think I will care for the Ultimate either, glad it worked out for you all. My quest continues

Old 10-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member

Ultimate has a 14 day try/return policy. You might want to try it out. Otherwise, good luck with your quest! The seat is a very personal thing. I love my Ultimate setup! I also like the highway pegs when I am on the Freeway.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:48 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Sure worth them sending a seat to you for a 14 day trial?

I use my highway pegs too.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

with my fatboy lo i have two posts in the back of the driver seat that the seat bolts down to. i just thumb unscrew them and i pop the seat off.. what was it that gave you so much trouble putting it on?

Old 10-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Freak Show
with my fatboy lo i have two posts in the back of the driver seat that the seat bolts down to. i just thumb unscrew them and i pop the seat off.. what was it that gave you so much trouble putting it on?
Same with my regular Fatboy.

The only trouble I had was when I was installing the Ultimate rider's seat with no passenger seat, i.e. with the leather bib. The bib has to be screwed in under the two thumb bolts, and it was thick enough that it made getting the bolts through the bib and through the seat eye-holes very difficult (but doable, with a bit of sweat).

If you use the Ultimate passenger seat, it is a snap because the passenger seat attaches on the top slot of the two rear thumb screws, so the bolts through the fender are plenty easy to attach to the rider's seat.

Either way is doable. I really like my Ultimate seat setup.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Backrest Seat for Fatboy