Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 04:30 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Why don't people just suck it up and buy a custom Corbin. I will be going on a 6 day trip in a couple of weeks, and it will more than pay for itself.
Because of bad experience with them...promised myself I would not buy from them.

What I was going to do, and still might, was to send the stock seat to http://www.meancitycycles.com for modifying.

Got the Mustang seat used ata great price. So far, is working for me.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:46 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael208
So lets see a photo of your motorcycle with the Corbin seat on it? I just found they were too expensive and too many people actually feel they are not that good for the price paid..so never went with one on my FJR1300 or my Harley Softail Slim(2017).....would like to see the back view of it how it attaches to the seat..how the bracket is...all photos I've seen on the website..keep showing the passenger seat with the view..not just the solo seat!! All I can say is the Mustang seat is pure crap!! LOL..will be selling it shortly!!!
orbin are the **** bro. Only issue is they do 't like redoos
Thir motto is you build it how you want, so you're stuck with what you get. Happened to me and I told them that it didn't come out how I wanted it, so they had to eat crow

Old 07-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

So lets see a photo of your motorcycle with the Corbin seat on it? I just found they were too expensive and too many people actually feel they are not that good for the price paid..so never went with one on my FJR1300 or my Harley Softail Slim(2017).....would like to see the back view of it how it attaches to the seat..how the bracket is...all photos I've seen on the website..keep showing the passenger seat with the view..not just the solo seat!! All I can say is the Mustang seat is pure crap!! LOL..will be selling it shortly!!!
Well let me say first off that the only way to get a seat done properly so that it fits your very specific butt, is to go there in person. I drove from Ontario Canada, to Hollister California twice, to have custom seats built for my motorcycles. It is a fantastic experience.

All five of my bikes, one of them being a 2006 FJR1300, have Corbin seats on them. I wouldn't have it any other way. I will agree that Mustang seats pale in comparison to a Corbin. They are way too soft, and will torture your butt over the long haul. I have one sitting in my barn that I bought new, that I need to try and sell to someone.

Another nice thing about it is you will be able to have a one of a kind seat.

Anyone wondering about a backrest? Let me just say that it is probably the most comfortable part of the bike.

The following users liked this post:
Michael208 (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Michael208
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sticks24.

Thanks for the photos! Can I bother u once more and have you actually take a photo up close showing how the back of the seat attaches to the fender area? From what I have seen on others...there is a gap between the fender/seat? Does the seat sit "flush" in the back like the stock seat or Mustang seat? I myself am going for the tan/brown seat look with the "US" cavalry leather grip wraps with brown leather swing arm! Brown seems to compliment the "military" theme of the bike!

Also...what slip ons are you running on your bike? Is your bike a '16 or '17? Trying to sort thru the whole "void warranty" issue with exhaust modifications and if any tuning needs done with slip ons...I hear from most no tune is required...then others say yes? How does your bike run with the slip ons?

Old 07-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Sticks24.

Thanks for the photos! Can I bother u once more and have you actually take a photo up close showing how the back of the seat attaches to the fender area? From what I have seen on others...there is a gap between the fender/seat? Does the seat sit "flush" in the back like the stock seat or Mustang seat? I myself am going for the tan/brown seat look with the "US" cavalry leather grip wraps with brown leather swing arm! Brown seems to compliment the "military" theme of the bike!

Also...what slip ons are you running on your bike? Is your bike a '16 or '17? Trying to sort thru the whole "void warranty" issue with exhaust modifications and if any tuning needs done with slip ons...I hear from most no tune is required...then others say yes? How does your bike run with the slip ons?
The seat sits flush with the fender. Another nice thing about the Corbin is that it has a lock and key, so that nobody can steal your seat.

The slip ons are from RUSH. No tune needed. The bike is a 2016.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
bkmays
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey wachuko, I am clearly late to this party but I just got my '16 Slim w/ Olive Gold Denim 2 weeks ago. I recently ordered the vented windshield you have on your bike. Did you run any any issues getting it mounted since the FLS/FLSS do not have the auxiliary light kit? Did you do anything to clean up how it was mounted? Thanks!

bkmays

Old 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Derek R Collier
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Well let me say first off that the only way to get a seat done properly so that it fits your very specific butt, is to go there in person. I drove from Ontario Canada, to Hollister California twice, to have custom seats built for my motorcycles. It is a fantastic experience.

All five of my bikes, one of them being a 2006 FJR1300, have Corbin seats on them. I wouldn't have it any other way. I will agree that Mustang seats pale in comparison to a Corbin. They are way too soft, and will torture your butt over the long haul. I have one sitting in my barn that I bought new, that I need to try and sell to someone.

Another nice thing about it is you will be able to have a one of a kind seat.

Anyone wondering about a backrest? Let me just say that it is probably the most comfortable part of the bike.

Hey Sticks,
I'm curious about your tail light setup. What did you have to do to mount that center light? My bike didn't come with the rear mounted tag mount, not sure if that's what you used to mount the light to or not. Do you mind sharing? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

i have a mustang on my sporty, didn´t think it was soft cause it´s way stiffer then stock seat, got gel in it this winter but.
iam on the hunt for a 2016 iron seat to complet redo instead so customizing the stock is also what ill do in the future, after 1,5 weeks in the usa on a m8 street glide(2300miles) i want a back rest so bad now and floor boards he he
regards
Sören

Old 08-11-2017, 12:23 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Søren Rix Petersen
i have a mustang on my sporty, didn´t think it was soft cause it´s way stiffer then stock seat, got gel in it this winter but.
iam on the hunt for a 2016 iron seat to complet redo instead so customizing the stock is also what ill do in the future, after 1,5 weeks in the usa on a m8 street glide(2300miles) i want a back rest so bad now and floor boards he he
regards
Sören
Had one back when I had a '11 RGC... comfy as heck...

Maybe something to look at later... for now, I have not had an issue with the current setup on the SlimS.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:43 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Got a call from the dealer. Replacement oil tank came in. Will drop the bike at the shop tomorrow. This is to replace the oil tank in the bike since the powder coating is coming off...

Quick Reply: My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S