Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Kerosene
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love your bike! Olive denim with the military theme is one of the coolest colors.

The following users liked this post:
wachuko (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 05:46 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kerosene
I love your bike! Olive denim with the military theme is one of the coolest colors.
You should check the thread on "S-series"

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...home-base.html

Lots of cool looking rides there

Old 07-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Fla-kruzen
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking sweet dude. From a fellow Floridian....

Old 07-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Deuce_01
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike! I have always liked the look of the Slim ever since they came out a few years ago. How much did the rear fender bib cost if you do not mind me asking? I am seriously considering getting a Mustang 2 piece seat for my Deuce and also considering getting a bib to cover the fender for when i do not have the passenger seat on.

Last edited by Deuce_01; 07-23-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:44 PM
Niko_nomas
Stage II

Awesome build man! I just finished reading the entire thread over these past few days. Just got myself a Slim S about 2 weeks ago and have been cramming through the forums!

Old 07-23-2017, 06:29 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuce_01
Great looking bike! I have always liked the look of the Slim ever since they came out a few years ago. How much did the rear fender bib cost if you do not mind me asking? I am seriously considering getting a Mustang 2 piece seat for my Deuce and also considering getting a bib to cover the fender for when i do not have the passenger seat on.
If you go with the matching material of the seat is less than if you go with top grain leather.

Bibs start at 75.00 + shipping. I paid US$200.00 for both... but remember, I went with real leather, I had the HD logo laser etched on the tank bib and Wachuko laser etched on the fender bib... would have been a lot less without that...

Drop a mail to Chris @ Three Mutts Customs <chris@threemuttscustoms.com> for pricing. Great guy to deal with. Not related, no interest, blah blah blah - just one happy customer.

Originally Posted by Niko_nomas
Awesome build man! I just finished reading the entire thread over these past few days. Just got myself a Slim S about 2 weeks ago and have been cramming through the forums!
Congrats on the new bike. But these threads are very bad for our wallets... you have been warned.

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Just throwing this out there... What do you think about switching out the ignition switch for a black one ? I'm considering this as well...

T.
Looking at it again, I will keep the stock one for now. There are so many chrome bits mixed with the gloss black that it works fine. I am afraid of going down the rabbit hole of changing all those to black if I start with the switch...

Must... hold... on...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-24-2017 at 01:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Deuce_01 (07-23-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Deuce_01
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wachuko
If you go with the matching material of the seat is less than if you go with top grain leather.

Bibs start at 75.00 + shipping. I paid US$200.00 for both... but remember, I went with real leather, I had the HD logo laser etched on the tank bib and Wachuko laser etched on the fender bib... would have been a lot less without that...

Drop a mail to Chris @ Three Mutts Customs <chris@threemuttscustoms.com> for pricing. Great guy to deal with. Not related, no interest, blah blah blah - just one happy customer.
Good to know! Thanks for the info. I see Mustang offers one to go with their seats. Which i may do for a short term solution till the wallet recovers enough from getting the seat itself to get one from Chris.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Michael208
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Mustang Seat...Terrible!!

Originally Posted by wachuko
Hahahahahaha no sh*** Sherlock still I was surprised that it was skinnier than a Sportster!

Seat arrived today. Love the looks... will test it in an hour or so... stock seat now in storage

Tank bib ordered...

Seat felt much better than stock, even if it moved me a bit forward.

Ordered a brown leather tank and fender bib from Chris @ Three Mutts Customs

Front matching tool bag arrives today. I think that I am finally done with the bike... only need to play around with the size of the back tire to eliminate the spacers in there. Or, if I keep that tire, make decent spacers that slide into the channel of the bracket. Right now I am using some thick washers...

Got the tool bag from Fox Creek Leather... not a match...

https://www.foxcreekleather.com/heav...brown-toolbag/

From this:

To this (I simply stuffed the HD tool bag inside the new bag):

I will change the tie-wraps for black ones as soon as I find the @#$%@#$ bag of new black tie-wraps that I got over a month ago)

But you know what? F-it! will use it anyway... and I will also have a non-matching tank and fender bib in brown leather from Chris @ Three Mutts Customs . Chris did give me the option to go with the same material used in the Mustang seat as he has that. But he could not make any engraving on those like I wanted... so I went with real leather... Something along the lines of this (mine should be here in a few weeks):

Age will give it all character
I found out the Mustang seat for me was terrible...it is very misleading..thinking you have a lot more padding in the back of the seat...when you have about 1" of padding before your tailbone is hitting the hard plastic housing where the rear bracket is!! My stock seat is currently being re done and re upholstered in brown diamond stitching!!

Old 07-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael208
I found out the Mustang seat for me was terrible...it is very misleading..thinking you have a lot more padding in the back of the seat...when you have about 1" of padding before your tailbone is hitting the hard plastic housing where the rear bracket is!! My stock seat is currently being re done and re upholstered in brown diamond stitching!!
Why don't people just suck it up and buy a custom Corbin. I will be going on a 6 day trip in a couple of weeks, and it will more than pay for itself.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Michael208
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Why don't people just suck it up and buy a custom Corbin. I will be going on a 6 day trip in a couple of weeks, and it will more than pay for itself.
So lets see a photo of your motorcycle with the Corbin seat on it? I just found they were too expensive and too many people actually feel they are not that good for the price paid..so never went with one on my FJR1300 or my Harley Softail Slim(2017).....would like to see the back view of it how it attaches to the seat..how the bracket is...all photos I've seen on the website..keep showing the passenger seat with the view..not just the solo seat!! All I can say is the Mustang seat is pure crap!! LOL..will be selling it shortly!!!

Quick Reply: My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S