Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:10 PM
xIceHoundx
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How worthwhile would you say those Ward Werks cooling fans are for the Slim S and its 110ci screamin eagle motor? Considering grabbing it for mine.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xIceHoundx
How worthwhile would you say those Ward Werks cooling fans are for the Slim S and its 110ci screamin eagle motor? Considering grabbing it for mine.
To me? They should come from the factory installed! They are that good. Do not think twice about them and just get them in there.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with the guy that makes them... just one happy customer.

There are other solutions out there... but I love symmetry and these look perfect and perform even better.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,361 Likes on 986 Posts

IMHO, it doesn't matter if its an 'S' or 110. I think its a worthwhile
addition for any aircooled harley especially if your located in the South.

Here's an old pic of mine, I love 'em.

hope this helps,

T.

The following users liked this post:
Hellbilly562 (05-12-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by WKNDS
IMHO, it doesn't matter if its an 'S' or 110. I think its a worthwhile
addition for any aircooled harley especially if your located in the South.

Here's an old pic of mine, I love 'em.

hope this helps,

T.
Exactly!!

But you should have left the photo out! Darn it! Coil relocation... horn relocation... arghhh... That looks nice!!!

Old 02-03-2016, 07:25 PM
xIceHoundx
Novice

Thanks for both of yall's input. I actually went and looking on the website and seems he isn't even taking deposits on these fan setups until March 1st, but I went ahead and emailed him anyhow just before seeing yall's replies on here. Hopefully I can get on a waiting list or something and get ahold of a these fans for my Slim S. Its really awesome that he offers military and first responder discount too, much love to any business that offers something like that.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:03 PM
xIceHoundx
Novice

Annnnd already got a reply back from Jason, apparently he isn't even doing a waiting list so seems like i'd have to just sit and watch his website to see when he actually opens up deposits again, or maybe find a used setup I can get ahold of from somewhere, or look at a different fan cooling setup. Either of yall by chance have any knowledge or opinion on the Love Hugs cooling fans setup?

Old 02-03-2016, 09:20 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Annnnd already got a reply back from Jason, apparently he isn't even doing a waiting list so seems like i'd have to just sit and watch his website to see when he actually opens up deposits again, or maybe find a used setup I can get ahold of from somewhere, or look at a different fan cooling setup. Either of yall by chance have any knowledge or opinion on the Love Hugs cooling fans setup?
Sorry... no experience with those... but the look too big and in-your-face for me... part of what I like about Jason's setup is that they tend to disappear in the engine...

Those Love Hugs are a bit of an eyesore to me...

So Jason is not accepting orders??!!

EDIT: From his site... http://www.wardspartswerks.com/index.html

**** NOTICE 31 JANUARY 2016****

Regrettably I must extend my downtime to 1 March, I sincerely apologize to those patiently waiting for me to start processing again. I'm not taking any new deposits until normal operations resume, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ride safe,
Jason

Last edited by wachuko; 02-03-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 PM
xIceHoundx
Novice

Yea I agree the Love Jugs are pretty bulky and it does take away from the overall style of the bike especially one such as a Slim S, I imagine the flat black or gloss black versions at least aren't as bad as the chrome, at the end of the day I can already tell sitting some city traffic on a day that's only 70 degrees out that cooling fans is going to be a needed investment to keep this engine happy and healthy in spring/summer. I am curious as to how well Jasons fans compare to the Love Jugs, there is a considerable size difference.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 PM
MARCUS 79
Tourer

Great Mods!!

Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Wachuko, Awsome slim! Great work. Care to share info on fatbob wheel install? My slim is a 14, those fatbob wheels would be the ticket. Pm sent

Last edited by rowan; 05-12-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Quick Reply: My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S