Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

got us by the *****

Old 11-11-2015, 02:30 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Freak Show
got us by the *****
I like to look at the bright side... for those with a Sporster that want to install an HD Springer seat and find themselves unable to buy one because of what I just posted... Let's talk...

Name:  DrEvil_zps27e6067b.jpeg
Views: 800
Size:  57.6 KB

Old 11-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Mother
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Wachuko, should I be worried at all about the (extra?) heat generated by the 110 over the 103, living here in Orlando? I saw you did the Wards fans, so I'm sure that helps.

I'm just kind of torn between the FB Lo and the FB S but I have a feeling if I don't get the top dog I will wish I had...

Old 11-12-2015, 11:10 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Mother, best way to answer your question, is with this question. How long have you been ridin and what are you ridin now?

Old 11-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Mother
Road Captain

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Mother, best way to answer your question, is with this question. How long have you been ridin and what are you ridin now?
Really not sure how that could lead to an answer about the 110's behavior in Florida heat...

But, since you asked I've been riding as long as I can remember (30+ years)... dirt bikes as a kid. My first street bike was a Valkyrie in 99, then a VFR, a 919, an R1, a Ducati 996, a CBR1000RR, an '07 Deuce, a Yamaha Warrior, and most recently a Buell XB12Ss.

I work South of Orlando but live in the North end, so whatever I ride will see the occasional traffic jam. I just want to be sure it won't become unbearable... The Buell will burn my right leg if it's 95* out and I'm stuck in bumper to bumper...

Last edited by Mother; 11-12-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:14 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Heat was an issue in the RGC CVO I had... it was less so in the RK CVO... does not seem to be an issue with the Slim S so far... so all the fairings were an issue with the heat I felt...

The fans, for me, are definitely a must... it keeps head temps in check when in heavy traffic.

Old 11-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Mother
Road Captain
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wachuko
Heat was an issue in the RGC CVO I had... it was less so in the RK CVO... does not seem to be an issue with the Slim S so far... so all the fairings were an issue with the heat I felt...

The fans, for me, are definitely a must... it keeps head temps in check when in heavy traffic.
Thank you, sir. BTW, nice bike!

Old 11-12-2015, 12:27 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Mother
I'm just kind of torn between the FB Lo and the FB S but I have a feeling if I don't get the top dog I will wish I had...
When you add the cruise control (this is a great option that is standard on the S and not available on the standard Fat Boy or Fat Boy Lo), security, ABS (in your case, ABS is standard in all Fat Boys), all the black out parts, hydraulic clutch... the 110 engine comes in almost as a free upgrade. In my case, it was a no brainer... In your case you also get a cooler looking air cleaner with the Fat Boy S

So if you want a blacked-out bike... the price for the Fat Boy S is less than if you try to build it yourself from a standard bike... For the engine alone, I would not do it... but because of everything else that the bike comes with, it is a great deal... and you will have a rather unique setup with that 110 from the factory. Something about some peace of mind with the 2 year factory warranty that will come with the engine and rest of the bike...

Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Mother
Road Captain

Yeah, I love all the blacked out bits and absolutely agree about the value... it's the bike itself being black that is pushing me back and forth a bit. If I could get the FB S in Charcoal Denim it would be a slam dunk.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:52 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mother
Yeah, I love all the blacked out bits and absolutely agree about the value... it's the bike itself being black that is pushing me back and forth a bit. If I could get the FB S in Charcoal Denim it would be a slam dunk.
I hear you... in my case, the color and the graphics was what made me jump on it... loved the combination... so having all the black out parts and the 110 was just icing on the cake.

Quick Reply: My Mods Thread - 2016 Softail Slim S