Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Grey Buttcrack Solo Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Danny Grey Buttcrack Solo Seat?

Does anybody have any experience with this seat?

Pros, cons, viable alternatives?

Old 10-01-2015, 12:22 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 284 Likes on 251 Posts

I have one but have not used it yet as I am still getting the bike back together....I'll report back when I get a few miles on her.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:25 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

I just bought a solo buttcrack for the S/S. I traded off my LePera bare bones for it. So far I really like it. It takes a little time to get used to the buttcrack thing actually aligning in your *** crack but after a few rides you don't notice it anymore. I like the full leather seat, smells nice and starts to show some character unlike vinyl. The one thing I like most is you stick to this seat nicely unlike slippery vinyl.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by E8USMCRET
I just bought a solo buttcrack for the S/S. I traded off my LePera bare bones for it. So far I really like it. It takes a little time to get used to the buttcrack thing actually aligning in your *** crack but after a few rides you don't notice it anymore. I like the full leather seat, smells nice and starts to show some character unlike vinyl. The one thing I like most is you stick to this seat nicely unlike slippery vinyl.
Do you actually feel the buttcrack thing actually separating your cheeks or is it more for your legs?

After the feeling of being violated goes away, is there a difference in comfort? More of a I don't feel my tail bone because I have more *** cushioning because of the design instead of Brand A vs. Brand B.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:59 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Not that I've ever been violated but it felt a little strange at first but nothing that made your eyes open wide like in Deliverance.
I've not done hundreds of miles on it and rarely ever do on my S/S. I use mine as a bar hopper so long haul touring comfort isn't really an issue for me. The quality of the stitching and leather is top notch and I can see doing a couple hundred miles as doable but probably not much more than that.

Like my old school Indie mech tells me "cool ain't comfortable".

Last edited by E8USMCRET; 10-01-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Next In Line
Do you actually feel the buttcrack thing actually separating your cheeks or is it more for your legs?

After the feeling of being violated goes away, is there a difference in comfort? More of a I don't feel my tail bone because I have more *** cushioning because of the design instead of Brand A vs. Brand B.
Not at all. Very comfortable.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 PM
misterslim
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It took me about a thousand miles to feel comfortable on the Buttcrack Solo. Whether it was me getting used to the seat or the seat conforming to me I do not know, but I like it a lot now. It has just enough support that you don't feel like you're going to slide off the back and you don't feel violated. Nice leather, good construction and looks great on the bike too.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

just put on a thong and use a regular seat, lol

Old 10-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm still on the fence about the seat. :/

Does it move you forward or backwards at all? I also read that with a Mustang seat (currently have) you feel like you are sitting ON the bike where the DG makes you feel like you are sitting IN the bike.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

the Ultimate makes you feel like you're sitting in the bike. most comfortable seat ever, absolutely no break-in time needed.

Quick Reply: Danny Grey Buttcrack Solo Seat?