Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Grey Buttcrack Solo Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:41 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I have what I guess you'd call a semi-custom Buttcrack Solo on my Breakout. It does not have a very pronounced center ridge. The seat does move the rider up and forward VERY slightly when compared to the factory seat. However, since the DG seat kicks up at the back, it holds you in the bike better than the factory seat. I definitely feel like I am sitting IN the bike. Even with the lower seating position offered by the factory seat, I always felt like I was sitting on the bike.

My seat does not have gel or memory foam or anything like that. I've ridden the seat for a few hours straight with no problems. After about 2.5 ~3 hours it's time to stop and walk around a little. I'm thinking about sending the seat off to Mean City Cycles - a forum sponsor - to see if they can make it even better.

For some reason the forum will not let me post pics anymore....?

Last edited by NSR; 10-03-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:27 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have that Danny Gray, but I have been running a similar Danny Gray seat on my rocker for a few years and Love it!!!
I travel with it and everything. No issues.
But...I noticed none of you were mentioning saddle gel or similar.
My Danny Gray seat has SADDLE GEL and I can ride for hours in comfort. My brother bought another good quality seat with no saddle gel to save 75 bucks and his butt is fried after an hour and he turns into a crouch...LOL.
I would never buy a seat without saddle gel or similar. It's the best money you will spend for comfort...your butt will thank you.
Ride safe and comfortable...don't be a grouch like my brother...lol