Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moisture In Speedometer Lens

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016 | 01:01 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Speedometer Service Milwaukee
Ok to all you guys with the fogging speedo glass issue. I can fix that problem for $75.00 plus ship, one day in shop turn around. The problem is that Harley thought they had a brilliant idea of putting an anti fog coating on both sides of the glass. Well guess what the coating fogs. The solution is to remove the glass and remove the coating from both sides of it ,clean glass and reinstall. This is the cure. Being a speedometer shop we do have special tools to remove and re- install the bezel cleanly.

www.speedometersolutions.com
Speedometer Service co.
414-463-6660
I'm definitely going look into this when my riding season is over.

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:50 AM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master

Moisture in the lens and fogging has been a problem with Harley speedo's since the beginning of time. The back side is not completely sealed. Just ignore it. After a dry spell it goes away..

Old 06-18-2016 | 08:38 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior

Mine does it too. But, who needs a speedo - I just ride by feel and know when to slow down or speed up

Old 08-22-2016 | 11:01 AM
Man In Black
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Speedometer Service Milwaukee
Ok to all you guys with the fogging speedo glass issue. I can fix that problem for $75.00 plus ship, one day in shop turn around. The problem is that Harley thought they had a brilliant idea of putting an anti fog coating on both sides of the glass. Well guess what the coating fogs. The solution is to remove the glass and remove the coating from both sides of it ,clean glass and reinstall. This is the cure. Being a speedometer shop we do have special tools to remove and re- install the bezel cleanly.

www.speedometersolutions.com
Speedometer Service co.
414-463-6660
OK I would like to know if you did a follow-up with your customers to see if it is a permanent fix or if there are reviews directly from your customers .

Old 07-15-2018 | 07:13 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Man In Black
OK I would like to know if you did a follow-up with your customers to see if it is a permanent fix or if there are reviews directly from your customers .
Older thread but curious on follow-up on this companies repair. Does it fix the issue long term? Thanks

Old 04-14-2019 | 05:27 AM
Glenn S
Stage I

Originally Posted by Man In Black
I have my doubts. My gauges never fogged up at all. But I went and switched all the lighting over to blue LEDs. This required me to take apart my speedo and tach to replace all the LEDs inside them. On the back of each lens was a sort of tacky substance. I ignored it on the tach and put it back together and reinstalled it on the bike. But on the speedo, got some reason I decided it shouldn't be there and I removed it, cleaned the lens with alcohol and reassembled it. Of all 6 gauges on my UL, the speedometer is the only one that now fogs up. I'm so mad at myself for removing that film and now I have no idea how to get it back, short of buying a new speedo. Still looking into it, but it would be nice if I could just get a replacement COATED lens and bezel. If anyone knows where to get that, I'm all ears lol

Old 05-04-2019 | 01:15 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Fat_Boy
It's a common problem and there is nothing you can really do about it
Sure there is.......get a Dakota Digital replacement.