Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Pillion for Slim Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015 | 04:00 PM
galaxyfe
|
Tourer
Default Mustang Pillion for Slim Question

Got a couple questions for you guys with Mustang Pillions on your Slim...

First, does it mess with the paint? Seems the rubber pads will protect some, but just checking to see if there's any other areas or trouble spots to watch out for. My pillion will spend more time off than on and I'm pretty **** about the paint.

Second, I bout my pillion used and it seems it didn't come with all the needed hardware. Can you guys post up some close up pics of the front and rear mounting points for the pillion? Yes, I've got the description, would really like some pics to go with it. Thanks folks!

Old 09-14-2015 | 04:24 PM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by galaxyfe
Got a couple questions for you guys with Mustang Pillions on your Slim...

First, does it mess with the paint? Seems the rubber pads will protect some, but just checking to see if there's any other areas or trouble spots to watch out for. My pillion will spend more time off than on and I'm pretty **** about the paint.

Second, I bout my pillion used and it seems it didn't come with all the needed hardware. Can you guys post up some close up pics of the front and rear mounting points for the pillion? Yes, I've got the description, would really like some pics to go with it. Thanks folks!
Hope our opinion is useful The rubber bumpers are designed to support the rear seat. No other part of the seat should be touching the fender, aside from the mounting bracket of course.

Mustang part 78146 is the hardware you need to mount the front of the passenger seat to the fender.