Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking from Dipstick

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015 | 06:07 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

The thermostat dip stick has 3 deep grooves in the plug area. I just got a couple that were about 1/8" smaller ID. Just rolled them on and they snap down in the groove. Only use the back two grooves. It's tight now to the point you need to twist it a little back and forth.

Old 09-12-2015 | 06:16 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior

After reading the title I was going to recommend penicillin......

Old 09-12-2015 | 07:25 PM
MJR28
|
Elite HDF Member

One good thing about living Down Under is that you can post a message and go to bed and when you wake up in the morning you have 10 replies. Thanks everybody. And no the dipstick doesn't screw in backwards LOL. BUT one big difference I've found between riding here and in the U.S. is that everyone in the U.S. give each other that cool little finger wave as you pass bikes going the opposite direction. You can't do that here because the traffic is on the other side so you'd have to take your hand off the throttle and lose power. That for me says it all. We're on the wrong side of the road. But with all the great whites, crocodiles, Taipans and Brown snakes, red back spiders & stinger jellyfish we don't need to find anther way to get killed by changing road sides this late in the game. Goodnight & thanks again for your posts.

Old 09-12-2015 | 08:20 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

My Blackline had the "push-pull" dip stick and I've read they could pop out under pressure and always wondered if it'd happen. And I knew in time, the rubber seal would wear out. I never liked that kind if stick.

Old 09-12-2015 | 08:53 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by MJR28
One good thing about living Down Under is that you can post a message and go to bed and when you wake up in the morning you have 10 replies. Thanks everybody. And no the dipstick doesn't screw in backwards LOL. BUT one big difference I've found between riding here and in the U.S. is that everyone in the U.S. give each other that cool little finger wave as you pass bikes going the opposite direction. You can't do that here because the traffic is on the other side so you'd have to take your hand off the throttle and lose power. That for me says it all. We're on the wrong side of the road. But with all the great whites, crocodiles, Taipans and Brown snakes, red back spiders & stinger jellyfish we don't need to find anther way to get killed by changing road sides this late in the game. Goodnight & thanks again for your posts.
Australia ROCKS. Hope to visit there someday. Be safe and ride safe.